605 Consecutive Days & 144 Pound Weight Loss - Thanks MFP!

Options
mtins71
mtins71 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2020 in Success Stories
Male, Age 68 1/2 - Retired

Starting weight/waist June 1, 2018 : 315 pounds / 53 inches
Current weight/waist January 26, 2020 : 171 pounds / 33 inches
Final goal weight/waist : 165 pounds / 32 inches

18+ month regimen:

1. Put and keep myself in a "healthy and sustainable" calorie deficit; 1,200-1,300 maximum calories per day (addresses "how much I eat")
2. Learn how to eat healthy and well balanced ("no gimmicks"); manage to specifically determined (and managed to) macro goals (addresses "what I eat")
3. Get active; regular low impact exercise; cardio AND strength ("accept that food/intake management is goal #1 but exercise is a critical #2")
4. Build foundations for permanent lifestyle changes/habits ("being honest with myself; I am not on a diet - I am on a lifestyle change journey")
5. DILIGENTLY TRACK & RECORD EVERYTHING ("thank you MyFitnessPal !!")
6. Celebrate success ("self-image")

Believed "keys" to my results:

1. Hitting 315 pounds and finally accepting the fact that I was NOT a "healthy fat person"; I HAD to change!
2. Encountering local experts in nutrition and exercise that mentored me on a wholistic approach to losing weight, keeping the weight off and building a healthy and wholesome lifestyle to enjoy my final chapters in life. NO DIETS - Only healthy, well balanced cooking, eating, exercise and maintenance systems.
3. Learning that I can be totally satisfied and satiated with my new eating behaviors. I do not feel "deprived" in any way. I allow myself ocassional "splurges" but with the help of MyFitnessPal I simply now have to just "plan ahead" for these ocassional splurges. I know how to immediately go back to my established regimen and what to do (no more guessing).
4. Having a loving spouse that did NOTHING to sabotage my efforts and, in fact, quietly and discreetly joined in my journey - and she lost 53 pounds during the same time period. I could NOT have accomplished what I have accomplished without her total support!!

Yes - I believe I look better. I defintely feel better. My medical test results have never looked better. And - I feel pretty da**ed good with myself now - even with all this loose skin - LOL!!

To all on their own journeys - "stick with it"!

tmodwpygntdy.jpeg

2dbx4gs75rof.jpeg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!