3 weeks of cardio and weight lifting and only 3lbs lost?

Options
Hi,

I'm not a stranger to working out by any means but it's been awhile.. I've began working out 5 days a week, I always start by running a mile then cooling down for a quarter mile, then I work out a muscle group arms, legs, core. My workout is usually an hour and fifteen minutes. I have 2 rest days.

I weighed 250 starting out and I'm only down to 247... I don't think muscle can develop that fast especially when I'm so overweight.

I am dieting and eating high amounts of protein. I typically eat 1800-1900 calories a day.

Am I missing something.. I've never struggled losing weight. I'm starting to get frustrated. Please advice anyone.

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I agree with PP. I'd be really happy with 1lb a week weightloss.

Slowly and surely wins the race.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You are doing well and helping to maintain muscle mass, your calories are reasonable, and it sounds like you are incorporating a good balance or work and rest. Give yourself a month or two to assess your progress and enjoy!!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up! 3 weeks is a very short period of time in the grand scheme of things.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It's mostly on the intake side, but I might note that balancing your resistance training with cardio endurance training could help. I mean, it's all good, but working your cardio up in duration could burn a few extra calories as well as being healthy overall.