Snacks ideas

Nice quick one people.
Could u give a skinny mo fo some Snack ideas please
I eat alot of nuts and Im bored of the taste now, i've been eating them for 10am snack for 3 years roughly but I need the kcals so a yogurt or a apple isn't enough, I cant stand cottage cheese either.
My snack is 100g of nuts with raisins, dark chocolate and a apple and my 3pm snack is normally spoons of peanut butter, maybe a PB sandwich to mix it up abit..
Was thinking would oats be a good snack with chia seeds, peanut butter maybe a bit of cinnamon with almond milk maybe a banana aswell Or do u reckon not much protein it's all carbs bla bla bla.
Cheers wonderful people

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Take a look at this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Also, a snack is only a snack because you call it one. My husband will literally have a whole sandwich, slice or two of pizza, or leftovers from dinner as a snack because he needs the calories and that's what he wants and/or we have available.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Ahh nice one cheers
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Hard boiled eggs are always a good idea. Vegetables and hummus also.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Sometimes I eat nuts or trail mix, sometimes a protein or meal bar, some times candy(I like chocolate, peanut m&Ms, Reese's, etc). Or I like to make almond butter/almond flour dark chocolate chip cookies 😋
  • jwilliams1975
    jwilliams1975 Posts: 6 Member
    I have 3 coffees a day religiously, as well as two protein bars.
    My morning coffee has 12gram protein (1scoop of fit crunch chocolate whey). I have breakfast 1.5 hrs after that. work out 2 hours plus drive time.
    The coffee within 20 minutes after my workout I add a banana and have a fit crunch bar about 20 minutes later.
    I then eat lunch about 2 hours later.
    2-3 hrs after that another 12g protein scoop in my coffee
    3-4 hrs later dinner.
    I have a fit crunch bar at bedtime with a decafe tea
  • jwilliams1975
    jwilliams1975 Posts: 6 Member
    with three small meals I average 160-190g of protein I now weight 185lbs (a lot more muscle then from when I weighted 239lbs
  • DominicT76
    DominicT76 Posts: 5 Member
    Like another person said: Hard boiled eggs. I also drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast every morning. They have one that's high protein. I eat Greek yogurt too.