Wifey's Spinach & Tofu Whole Wheat Lasagna - NSV

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Yes, this site has truly changed my life! LOL - I am sure that I have never before shared a recipe...because I don't think I've ever known a recipe before. My wife made this the other and after eating it all week, I promise you it is VERY GOOD....hopefully I got his right. :happy:

Wifey’s Tofu & Spinach Whole Wheat Lasagna

Fresh & Easy - Tofu Soft, 1 container (15 oz (85g) ea.)
Fresh Cooked Spinach, 3 cup cooked
2 eggs
Cheese - Parmesan, grated, 0.5 cup
Cheese - Mozzarella, part skim milk, low moisture, 0.5 cup, diced
Catelli Healthy Harvest - Whole Wheat Blend Lasagna Noodle, 9 noodles
Prego - Spaghetti Sauce Tomato Basil Garlic, 2 container (2 1/2 cups ea.)

I have no clue how long, what to mix, etc....all's got are the ingredients. I'm sure most of you know what to do. Enjoy!

Replies

• sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    thank you! although to be honest im not sure what to do with the eggs...ive made lasagna before but the eggs stump me
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    *Bump* Sounds delish!
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    Nice. Total Win. May I suggest Bertolli for the sauce, its 50 cents more and has way less fat and sugar grams, and a 20 calories less per serving than the other brands. Just saying, thank her for the recipe and congrats on the weight loss.
  • judithtanielu
    judithtanielu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Better as wifey to write the recipe out again so we all can make it ..it sounds beautiful ......
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I will venture to guess the eggs likely get mixed with the cheeses and tofu as a binder, since soft tofu is very mushy. I imagine it'll make it more the consistency of the omitted ricotta.

Looks delicious! I've been in the mood for lasagna.
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will try to find the recipe on the internet under Spinach and Tofu Whole Wheat Lasagna! Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing! :)
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    thank you! although to be honest im not sure what to do with the eggs...ive made lasagna before but the eggs stump me

You got me???? LOL - I'll run it by her later and post any corrections....:bigsmile:
  • 1965blaze
    Options
    you can also substitue the noodles for egglant or zuchinni less calories and carb
    just sharing :)
    thanks for sharing your recipe.
    take care Julie
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy, thanks!!
  • maggie4097
    Options
    bump!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Wifey fell asleep without providing more accurate instructions & ingredients.....Guess I have to let her slide, ya know, being about ready to pop out my second kid.....:happy:
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wifey fell asleep without providing more accurate instructions & ingredients.....Guess I have to let her slide, ya know, being about ready to pop out my second kid.....:happy:

Congratulations to you both! She's in for the hard part soon - we can wait or figure it out for ourselves. Don't forget to tell us all the pertinent details.....:flowerforyou: :drinker: