Stubborn last 10 lbs-what's a girl to do?

Options
dehegerty50
dehegerty50 Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I hope someone out there has this or a similar situation. I am have been exercising and keeping my calorie count between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. After 6 weeks I have lost 5 lbs which works for me. My question is this: I know I can not go any lower in my calorie count and the exercise I do is adequate. Without spending my entire day exercising, how can I loose the last 10 lbs? Any and all ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You just keep doing what you're doing. It's obviously working...
  • yxba
    yxba Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Considering you lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks I would just keep doing what you’re doing. It will come in time.
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same but with 7lbs to lose. Been at a plateau for about 6 weeks, just think we need to keep going,
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Try a different exercise - new class, different exercise routines on different days. Maybe up your calories a bit to give your body something to work on (like priming a pump)
  • epedemik
    epedemik Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    TIME is your friend. AS long as your daily diet is sustainable and it leads you to your goals. The results will be come in time. {Cliche maybe?}
    The plateau effect is very real in weight-loss. Depending on a variety of factors this effect can happen rarely or often.
    Just gotta stay the path.
    Slowly losing weight is the preferable and healthy way to go. IMO

With that being said, If you are overweight than the above advice should be relevant.
    But, if you are near the bottom of your BMI and you are below 15% body fat than I would say re-evaluate what you think a healthy weight should be for your body type. Nutritional deficits can be extremely harmful.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Try measuring as well as weighing - when I was near the end I found that my weight was not shifting but as I got fitter the measurements went down.