marinade?!

Options
D446
D446 Posts: 266 Member
Hey,

I was going to have chicken skewers for dinner, and I was going to marinade them myself. Any good ideas for a low calorie, low sugar marinade? I love honey and soy and garlic ones, but they are pretty high in sugars =(.... Also I'm from Australia, so brands that we have is helpful!

Thanks!

Replies

• mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    olive oil, garlic, tarragon and lemon juice...nom!!!!
  • aniles12
    Options
    Hey,

I was going to have chicken skewers for dinner, and I was going to marinade them myself. Any good ideas for a low calorie, low sugar marinade? I love honey and soy and garlic ones, but they are pretty high in sugars =(.... Also I'm from Australia, so brands that we have is helpful!

Thanks!

That's so funny..i just got home from the store and decided to make shish kabobs, and i needed a marinade recipe too. very helpful!(:
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love this one

Grate about 2 inches of raw ginger and squeeze out all the juice. Add 3 tablespoons of soy and 2 of saki (or rice wine) and 2 of mirin (or sherry).

If you leave the thinly sliced chicken in for about 15 mins it should be good.

Try reducing the marinade after cooking the chicken to make a sauce

Very low in sugar, quite a lot of salt
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Honey and Lemon juice is good. So is like a fat free zesty Italian dressing.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try a rub?
    Lemon pepper
    Blackened seasoning (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blackened-chicken/detail.aspx)
    Jerk seasoning (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/perfect-baked-jerk-chicken/detail.aspx)

One of my favorite marinades for shrimp, but works well with chicken too:
    Olive oil
    Lemon juice (from a fresh lemon please :) )
    Crushed garlic cloves
    Fresh thyme (or dried)
    Salt & cracked pepper

Good luck! Enjoy!
    Nikkie
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    mmm thanks! these all sound delicious!