Healthy AF snacks

ErikaGirl1
ErikaGirl1 Posts: 47 Member
Anyone have any ideas/recipes for healthy, low calories snacks in the Air Fryer? (Not a chickpea or Brussels sprout fan) TIA

Replies

• glowupwithmel
    glowupwithmel Posts: 8 Member
    I love putting asparagus in mine. I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on it then throw it in for about 8 minutes at 370ish
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Do you like kale chips?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Apple (or I imagine pear) chips! Slice real thin, sprinkle with some cinnamon, fry. I always have my air fryer set at the highest setting, and almost always have things go for 10 minutes, but of course your mileage may vary.

I also love the air fryer for literally all vegetables. Find a spice mix you like (I like everything bagel seasoning, Tony Chachere's, and Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle) and go to town experimenting.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    A drained jar of artichokes. Apparently also works for thawed frozen artichokes drizzled with olive oil.
  • ErikaGirl1
    acpgee wrote: »
    Do you like kale chips?
    Do you like kale chips?

Love them!
  • ErikaGirl1
    A drained jar of artichokes. Apparently also works for thawed frozen artichokes drizzled with olive oil.

Thanks! Both great ideas. I’ve never thought to eat artichoke that way.
  • ErikaGirl1

That’s awesome! Thanks. I had already putting them on my shopping list after reading your post yesterday. Love experimenting with my AF.
  • ErikaGirl1
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Not what I was expecting AF to stand for! :open_mouth:

Sorry, I'm not helpful. I don't have an air fryer. I was mostly just curious about the title.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. :D

Lol I know! I thought it was funny too until I got my Air Fryer last month and started looking around for recipes and things and realized people just called it AF! Lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Sorry, I'm not helpful. I don't have an air fryer. I was mostly just curious about the title.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. :D

Definitely not the only one :D
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Same here Lol

I am AF-less and haven't the 1st clue on how to use them or what they are capable of. But I happened to watch a 1/2 hr. infomercial yesterday with Emeril Legasse plugging his magical amazing $200 multi talented air fryer/microwave/slow cooker/drier. And I have to say everything that came out of that little machine looked amazing!! And of course, he made it look oh so easy. Do air fryers live up to all that hype? I'm not a good cook even though people tell me I am, and I'm very gadget-inept so wonder if I could even figure one out. :(

As for answering the original question, have you checked out ideas on Pinterest, bet you'd find tons of them!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    I have an air fryer cookbook that I got off of Amazon

I will name a few that I like Cauliflower crispy florets, Scotch eggs,Eggplant circles, Zucchini Fritters, Chicken bites and deep fried pickles
  • ErikaGirl1
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Same here Lol

I am AF-less and haven't the 1st clue on how to use them or what they are capable of. But I happened to watch a 1/2 hr. infomercial yesterday with Emeril Legasse plugging his magical amazing $200 multi talented air fryer/microwave/slow cooker/drier. And I have to say everything that came out of that little machine looked amazing!! And of course, he made it look oh so easy. Do air fryers live up to all that hype? I'm not a good cook even though people tell me I am, and I'm very gadget-inept so wonder if I could even figure one out. :(

As for answering the original question, have you checked out ideas on Pinterest, bet you'd find tons of them!
    I enjoy mine so far! Not as much oil but also gives you more of a baked effect than fried. I like mine because it’s so easy and fast. Like if it’s just me, I can throw a chicken breast in there with whatever I want on it (or nothing) and 20 minutes later it’s done. Cuts most frozen food bake time in half.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Thanks Erica, might have to check these gadgets out. :)