Egg Salad Recipe

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I got this recipe from ediets. I calculated it in the recipe calculator using light kraft mayo and reduced calorie whole wheat bread. But, I got 289 calories and 13.9 g fat. You can adjust it based on your own preferences and if you use all egg whites instead. I get a craving for egg salad now and then and we all know how unhealthy it normally is!

Egg Salad Sandwich*
Ingredients
1 large egg

2 egg whites

1/4 large celery stalk

1/4 small onion

1 1/2 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. mustard, prepared

1/4 tsp. dried dill

2 slices low sodium whole wheat bread

Directions:

Hard-boil eggs; immediately plunge in cold water and allow to cool. Chop egg and egg white(s), celery and onion; set aside.(You may discard the egg yolks of the excess eggs). In small bowl, combine eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, dill, celery and onion until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to meld flavors. Serve on bread.

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I got this recipe from ediets. I calculated it in the recipe calculator using light kraft mayo and reduced calorie whole wheat bread. But, I got 289 calories and 13.9 g fat. You can adjust it based on your own preferences and if you use all egg whites instead. I get a craving for egg salad now and then and we all know how unhealthy it normally is!

Egg Salad Sandwich*
    Ingredients
    1 large egg

2 egg whites

1/4 large celery stalk

1/4 small onion

1 1/2 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. mustard, prepared

1/4 tsp. dried dill

2 slices low sodium whole wheat bread

Directions:

Hard-boil eggs; immediately plunge in cold water and allow to cool. Chop egg and egg white(s), celery and onion; set aside.(You may discard the egg yolks of the excess eggs). In small bowl, combine eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, dill, celery and onion until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to meld flavors. Serve on bread.