Support buddies!

Options
Looking for some buddies who are active on here and really willing to support one another.

Back story:

I had a year from hell. 10/2018 filed for divorce from a very toxic/abusive marriage of 7 years. We have a 4.5 year old.

Started my new job the day after I filed for divorce.

After fighting in court back and forth, my divorce was not finalized and my husband committed suicide.

Prior to leaving him, fitness was my escape and I lost a lot of weight after pregnancy and through the course of the marriage.

After I left I joined a cross fit gym and really loved it and when things got crazy I stopped.

I gained some weight about ten lbs and I want to lose about 30 more.

I didn’t post my story for sympathy, I posted it because I need my friends to know that my life is super hectic and stressful, working full time, and being a full time single parent (with no other partner/parent to help.)

I need people to push me when I have my *kitten* days and help me keep going.

If I’ve learned anything it’s that all we’ve got is one life to live and I intend on living it!!!

Add me if you want a friend :)

Replies

• Samoora92
    Samoora92 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I put *kitten* and it changed it to kitty hahaha
  • Samoora92
    Options
    Oh my gosh it keeps changing my swear to kitten lol
  • WAdamsBear
    WAdamsBear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey . I am getting back myself. Dealing with the reality of getting older. Trying to stay motivated.
  • Samoora92
    Options
    Thank you!
  • BarbieSed
    BarbieSed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm recently returning as well. Health issues due to weight created my motivation to take control of my weight. Would love to have supportive online friends too.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I certainly understand the hectic
    Lifestyle, it’s all fine a Balancing act.

Be realistic with your goals and attempt to
    Minimise the stress and attempt the get the elusive ‘enough’ sleep
  • berberry86
    berberry86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything. Your story shows you already have the strength to get where you want to be. As a fellow divorcee and single mom, i know how much strength it takes to live throw those two experiences alone. Your fitness journey will be a walk in the park after all youve been through. You got this girl ;)
  • dannyHOCKEYplayer21
    Options
    Good luck losing some weight! I started using my fitness pal after watching my daughter loss weight using it. And it has worked for me too, down 30 pounds. I'm a quiet support buddy but my daughter is more active, look her up....emo1015th
  • jayson462
    jayson462 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best!
  • arvayalica
    arvayalica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Samoora, wishing you all the best, gosh, you have been through a tremendous lot. You are certainly doing very well, so had I been your mother, I would be very proud of you for putting in such a good fight.

My story is nothing but everything to me, because of a thyroid issue I have tons of weight, have been taking thyroxine and control my food portion and even after half a year of 700 calories I did not lose weight! You must assume that I am either an idiot or I am lying, the first can be partially true :-), the second not at all. I am 91 kg, though my weight should be around 62. With a huge overweight I cannot even start moving radically if I do not want to ruin my joints, but it is moving more, and doing sport that has been not an option but this is where I see that if I could fit this into my lifestyle, it shall produce results. I am consulting an endocrynologist as well, and I am very upset, I used to be 56 kg all my life. People can be rude, dismissive, bullying, there are remarks from all corners and everyone seems to assume that I am eating tons of food. I can stand the humiliation, just kitten* have had enough. :-) Life can renew itself is so many ways and you have already shown to be so deserving. Please let me know if you think that I can be of any support to you from a woman who could never be a mother (not because I did not want to, just life happened to me). Chin up! :-)
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are so strong to have come through everything you have experienced. You clearly know how to lose the weight and aren't afraid to work hard, so I'm sure you will succeed!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best! You can do this 💪🏽
  • InspiredBrunette
    InspiredBrunette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck! Add me for motivation I’m active everyday
    I had my 5th baby last june i gained 40lbs during pregnancy and pretty much lost it all 8 week PP
    But i was already overweight so I’m back to lose about -26lbs
  • Teemitch0072020
    Teemitch0072020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, keep your head up,

2020 vision you, got this 💪
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything in general and everything on here. You can do it! Sending positive thoughts your way. You're a strong woman.
  • Samoora92
    Options
    Wow, thank you all so much! I had no idea I had people responding on here! MFP didn’t notify me. I am still not used to using Mfp so please feel free to add me as a friend, because I don’t know how.

Losing weight used to be fairly easy for me. As long as I worked out and logged my calories I was good to go. However the past year of stress has really taken a toll on my body.

Losing weight is harder and I’ve even had horrific breakouts! And I’m not used to that.

Thankfully I’ve managed to keep my GERD under control.

I just feel like I’m going non stop.

Typically I do high intensity workouts but a good friend of mine recommended beach body barre blend, she felt that it was a good idea for everything that I am going through currently.

Mourning the loss of someone you were divorcing is really weird and hard. I didn’t even mention that his family hasn’t reached out to speak to our son at all. So my son is mourning his father and his entire side of the family.

The only time they reached out indirectly was to slash my car tires 😢 it’s so sad. I listen to my life when I tell people about it and I think wow if I was someone looking in from the outside I’d think that person was making it all up.

I’m just taking it one day at a time.

My coach also wants me to not focus on calorie counting and portion control.

So far so good.

I hope you all had a fantastic day!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,069 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You are welcome to add me .... I have been a single mom from day 1 ....I also just restarted my journey Jan. 1st... WE GOT THIS :)

To add people ....left click on the person's profile/avatar ....left click again and it will take you to the person's profile where you will see a green add button
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Requested