Food tracker

Options
I've tracked my workout for the day and now it's telling me my calorie goal is higher (obviously taking the calories I burned and adding it to that number)

How many of you eat those calories? seems to defeat the purpose a little bit..

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I think it does defeat the purpose, so I don't eat them. A lot of people will say you should eat them because your daily intake is already calculated for you to lose/gain weight. That's fine, but I rather feel like I accomplished something when I work out, if I ate back it would feel like I just sat and did nothing. That's my opinion though. I eat back if I'm really hungry, but it usually works out where I'm fine.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The original calorie goal already includes a deficite for weight loss at the rate you chose, if you are exercising on top of that, you probably should eat those calories also. Otherwise, you may cause your body to go into starvation mode because it's not getting enough.

*** Disclaimer: I am only a fellow weight loser, not an expert *** :wink:
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input!
  • deknocker0410
    Options
    I PREFER to not eat them back. I won't force myself to STARVE or become extremely uncomfortable if I still have like...1000 calories left at the end of the day (which happens pretty much all of the time)...But I, like you, have more peace of mind if at the end of the day I still have those calories left!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I only eat them back if I'm hungry. I can't force myself to eat, I'll feel sick. I can only work out after 8pm so I usually just have a boiled egg or toast and peanut butter and my water!
    I would say that 75% the time i'm starving after I work out!!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    JSDoherty - I, too, am always starving after I workout. But, I workout bright and early so when I'm done it's time for breakfast!! :smile:
  • queenfresh
    queenfresh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    JSDoherty - I, too, am always starving after I workout. But, I workout bright and early so when I'm done it's time for breakfast!! :smile:

I've heard it's really good to eat after a workout! Good job!
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always eat them back. I started this on August 9 and so far I've lost 5kg/11lb and I have it set on a pound a week.

I exercise moderately: about 140-150 calories worth a day.

Something is working for me.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    Thanks, queenfresh. They say to eat 30 minutes to an hour after a workout, so I definitely do! I love eating! lol