body for life

anyone out there doing BFL? I just started today.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    I am a big BFL fan. I'm not running it right now, but I still pretty much eat similar. I ran it about 4 years ago when I had weight to lose. Even though it's old and kind of bro-y it's a very sensible plan and honestly the best thing about it is it teaches you to PLAN which is so important for long term consistency. I still plan my workouts and meals for the week ahead of time. If you click on my profile pics from a PC, you can see my results from running it.
  • pamletha2
    pamletha2 Posts: 3 Member
    thanks for your input. I'm 3 days in and feeling good. my only problem is keeping my fats down because I like cheese :) But I keep trying.
  • JerrySherman77
    JerrySherman77 Posts: 8 Member
    What is bfl?
  • rodnichols69
    rodnichols69 Posts: 83 Member
    I haven't seen any information on BFL for a few years. BFL heavily influences my meal plan to this day, but my workouts are much different.
  • rodnichols69
    rodnichols69 Posts: 83 Member
    EAS, the company that ran Body For Life is out of business. The book is still available.
  • ianwhite5555
    ianwhite5555 Posts: 17 Member
    I LOVE cheese, it's my downfall! I can't buy it, a little each day promise to myself turns into all in one go and blows my total calories for 3 days!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    What is bfl?

Strength workouts are an upper/lower split based on RPE (rate of perceived exertion) with an ABA/BAB pattern. Interval cardio every other day. Diet is low fat with equal protein/carb and uses the palm/fist/thumb measurement instead of counting calories. One rest/cheat day a week.