Just Starting Out

Options
Hello! I'm just starting out on the site in the hopes of actually watching what I eat. Previously I have not done so so I'm brand new as well as starting to actually work out. I'm hoping to be able to keep up with it! Any encouraging tips? Anyone have any workouts they enjoy doing that are good for beginners?

Replies

• ConnieSG
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!
  • villedrouin1
    Options
    Hi...just started recently here...love it...watching what you eat really helps. a group of people are starting a 30day shed workout for the month of sept...feel free to get the free download from my page
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    I just started MFP yesterday. It's interesting reading the posts and getting motivated. Best wishes and feel free to add me. Oh and as far as tips, if you don't want to go to the gym and you have cable...try Exercise TV On Demand. They have a list of different options from 10 min. to 60 min. workouts. Check with you local cable company. I reached my goal with Jillian Michael's workouts. They are free and on 24/7 and you don't need a DVD player.
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    Congratulations on your 6 lb loss.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm just starting out on the site in the hopes of actually watching what I eat. Previously I have not done so so I'm brand new as well as starting to actually work out. I'm hoping to be able to keep up with it! Any encouraging tips? Anyone have any workouts they enjoy doing that are good for beginners?
    You'll have to define "beginner" for me...and before you start anything strenuous you should consult your doctor.

"Hello?...This is Jim...I'm thinking of bending at the waist..."

*ahem*

I have lower back issues and so far I'm finding the treadmill to be something I can handle, and I get real-time results of calories burned. :happy:
  • yellodaysee
    yellodaysee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I'd love to be ale to go to a gym but living on a budget doesn't allow for it. Thanks for the great tip!
  • mayrom82
    mayrom82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been using this sight for over a month now. I also don't have the time nor budget for a gym, but I have purchased two Jillian Michael workout videos (each under $10 at wal-mart). These work well because sometimes I wake up early and can work out right away, or I'll work out after I tuck my kids in beds. The most important thing is to keep using MFP daily - it's eye opening to track what you eat. At first it was hard to stay within my daily target, but it gets easier. Keep at it and you will see results in 4-5 weeks! I have :)
  • mayrom82
    mayrom82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    site :)