Anyone doing Keto?

Options
daherd
daherd Posts: 7 Member
I am new to keto, researching it and trying to decide if that is what I want. Is anyone else doing it?
Dotty

Replies

• jhorberg
    jhorberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing "dirty keto" off and on for quite some time now. My first 6 months was strictly keto and lost lots of weight but also realizing that I could not live that way.....I ended up going "dirty keto". I still keep my macros tight but I do allow things from time to time.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,076 Member
    Options
    I am an ex Keto'er...This time around I am just counting calories ....Wishing you the very best :)
  • iheartchocolate2016
    Options
    Yes I just started again after doing this a couple of years ago. Now in week 2 of keto eating. I agree dirty keto is the way forward I too cannot maintain just keto and that’s why I stopped last time. Feel free to friend me if you want to encourage each other. I need the encouragement too. Best of luck.
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am. That's how I'm losing my weight.
  • poojayadav150
    poojayadav150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started doing my keto from today:) Let s c how it goes in this week. Still looking for some healthy options in vegetarian food.
  • mipajames14
    mipajames14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jhorberg wrote: »
    I have been doing "dirty keto" off and on for quite some time now. My first 6 months was strictly keto and lost lots of weight but also realizing that I could not live that way.....I ended up going "dirty keto". I still keep my macros tight but I do allow things from time to time.

If thinking of doing keto or possibly dirty keto what do you set your macros at please? I do not think I could do full on Keto as far too restrictive but I like the idea of dirty-I shall research this more. :D
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did keto for a bit and it really helped me to learn how to feel full. Some days I ate less than my calories and could not eat another bite -partly sick of cheese and meat, partly I wasn't hungry at all. that rarely happened when I was just counting only calories. I learned a lot about how fat and protein made me feel full. I'm trying out different macros now instead of keto because I didn't get enough variety on Keto
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm gearing up to start it by doing research, figuring out how it works, etc. I'm not a big eater, but what I do consume has far too many carbs (sodas, beer, etc). Lol - given what a light eater I am I was puzzled as to why I'm carrying some extra weight around the middle, but logging my food here has answered that question - carbs. I'm a penny pincher so will eat what's left in the freezer/pantry before officially starting keto, so I'm using the time constructively to educate myself and start exercising via walking.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    MEEE -- just restarted. I've lost before. I need friends & accountability. I just ordered a breath meter to test for ketosis. I need to lose 30-35 pounds.
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since September. Down 40+ lbs. I've found it's the only 'diet' I can stick to.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    lenhill04 wrote: »
    Been on keto since September. Down 40+ lbs. I've found it's the only 'diet' I can stick to.

Same here on it being the only thing I can stick to! I started Keto in May 2018, lost almost 60 lbs, got pregnant so I took a break, and now I'm back after having my baby. I really don't even feel like it's a "diet" once you get through the cravings part.

@daherd, if you use reddit at all there is an amazing FAQ section on https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    been doing Keto since Jan 7th (well more dirty Keto for me than my wife - I had my gallbladder out a year and a bit back and the Keto 70% fat was too high for me, I run pretty much 60/30/10 though, and I count calories and weigh everything . down 15.6 pounds this month (which has been unusually active) never feel hungry in fact some times have to eat regardless
  • Gigigator7
    Gigigator7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keto has been successful for me in the past, sticking to it as a way of life not so successful. I am ready to give it another try though, and now that I am cooking only for myself, I hope it will be easier to stick to as there won't be any tempting food in the house (if I wear blinders at the grocer, that is!). So today is restart day...here's to success for us all.
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I definitely follow the rules of keto and eating one meal a day. It's not going to magically eliminate the need to count calories, but you will find controlling hunger and satiety will indeed help you eat less.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am an ex Keto'er...This time around I am just counting calories ....Wishing you the very best :)

Yes, I did the healthy(?) version of Keto (clean Keto)...lots of salad, good fats and I included berries for fruit. Did it for 4 months and lost 35 lbs, & when I followed it strictly I had no cravings and no hunger, but I fell off the wagon when my brother died...turned to food for comfort - ouch!! Anyhoo, I regained the weight..go figure! No fault to Keto necessarily but once I turned to carbs it was like I had no off switch. I'm back to counting calories cause I find Keto was not sustainable for me. Socializing was very difficult because it is so restrictive. Now they are calling it one of the worst diets for health. At the same time, to each his own and if it works for some and they can adopt it as a lifestyle more power to ya....personally I cannot.