Finding serious friends

Options
I'm finishing first month and am looking for friends that aren't looking to "chat" nor want my telephone number.
That's happening a lot and is messing up my feelings about women friends - I accept basically everyone with the thought people deserve not to be judged to quickly. So, I am open for advice and people who want to motivate each other. Thanks

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Spoon44 wrote: »
    I'm finishing first month and am looking for friends that aren't looking to "chat" nor want my telephone number.
    That's happening a lot and is messing up my feelings about women friends - I accept basically everyone with the thought people deserve not to be judged to quickly. So, I am open for advice and people who want to motivate each other. Thanks

I know, right? This handsomeness of mine is quite a problem too.

But seriously you might want to keep your total number of friends at a low number. The more you accept the more chit chatters you might get. You could also accidentally get friends like me that are horrible at doing whatever MFP friends do to motivate each other.
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

But seriously you might want to keep your total number of friends at a low number. The more you accept the more chit chatters you might get. You could also accidentally get friends like me that are horrible at doing whatever MFP friends do to motivate each other.

This made me Lol! I’m adding you Novus because I need more un-serious friends
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

You mean it's not your sparkling personality?
  • pinuplove
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I do find this a bit funny because it's usually the women with this complaint.

OP, if you're posting a lot in certain *ahem* off-topic boards here, you're more likely to get hit up with FRs from less serious folks than those who normally stick to the on-topic boards. I did not stalk your posting history and thus have no idea if that's applicable or not. Consider it a word to the wise, if not, for future reference.

ETA You're under no obligation to accept all FRs. I typically don't these days unless it's someone I'm familiar with from their posting history or friends of friends I've seen in my feed. I'm a horrible friend anyway.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Can confirm. :D
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Wait. Are you one of my friends?

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I rest my case.
  • pinuplove
    Options

I rest my case.
    Guess my request is queued up with the other 60 he has :cry:
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

So who are these unmotivational women? I mean, just so I don't accidently friend them, of course. :D
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

You learn after being here awhile to not accept all friend requests. You aren't friends in real life with everyone you cross paths with. I decline all FRs without a message cause if I accepted them all I'd have a million friends and there's no prize for having the biggest list. Sadly...I like prizes.

Go check out the more focussed forums like bodybuilding or nutrition and I'm sure you'll find some like minded individuals
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ouch.

I mean, you have seven friends, three of them female...and this is happening, "a lot?" With nine days on the site and five posts in the forums? :lol:

Maybe by the end of the day your list will be down to four (thankfully all male.) I know I'd drop off your friend list if I saw this post.