Breakfast for Travelling

PodPab
PodPab Posts: 8 Member
I travel around quite a lot for work, and I spend several days in a row hopping from hotel to hotel after a long day of driving around the country. While I can usually find a supermarket in whatever city I'm staying in, it's the last thing I want to do!

I try to bring my breakfasts and lunches with me, but I'm struggling with inspiration for stuff that will last a couple of days without a fridge. When I'm out and about I usually have access to hot water and microwaves- so I eat a lot of instant porridge and tins of soup!

Any ideas? I'm a vegetarian too.

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi !

Some items I have while traveling that don’t require refrigeration-
    Nuts, protein bars, nut butters, pumpkin seeds, cheese whisps, olives, granola, pickles, dried fruit.

Fresh fruits that don’t have to be refrigerated and travel well - apples, avocado, bananas, orange.
  • Dried fruit packs down in a small space. You can add it to your oatmeal and thereby vary it out day by day. My ex adored putting dried mango, coconut shreds, and dried pineapple in his oatmeal for a "tropical" blend. I found if I put it in and then heated the oatmeal up it would rehydrate the fruit just enough to be really tasty.
  • AASlender
    AASlender Posts: 18 Member
    I love those egg bite whites from Starbucks when traveling or very rushed. I sometimes buy an extra, wrap it up good and freeze it...especially if I know I have a trip coming up and I have to leave super early. There are two to a serving. I often only have one. If I’m very hungry, I’ll have both. They are delicious. A bit expensive...so I only tend to get them when rushing or traveling. They are practical, reasonable calories and yummy.