Changed my weight loss goals..from 2/1.5wk

Options
I'm about 35lbs or so from GW, and was thinking this was a good point to up them a little bit..is it a good move? 2lbs a week was a good start, sometimes was a struggle to stay under it..should feel a little at ease now. Anyone else did this as you crept closer to your goal?

Replies

• qwela
    qwela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HELLO FIRST I WANT TO SAY YOU ROCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND STAYING SMOKE FREE WHAT 5K WILL YOU BE IN .THE REASON I ASK BECAUSE I AM RUNNING IN A 5K IN OCTOBER!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I did! I wanted to put more fuel into my body- I actually found that the first few weeks when I changed from 2 to 1 pound I actually started to lose more! If you continue you work out like you were you should see it still go down!

It will also help you prepare of maintance! Its not a great idea to try to lose 2 pounds per week for a long period of time....well my opinion!!!

I truly did find it helped to up when I was more then 1/2 way to my goal!!! It looks like you are about to hit 1/2 way mark, so Congrats on your amazing success!!!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I don't have it set yet, but found a 5K right before Halloween, and I should be done with my C25K sometime in the middle of October, so its good timing. :smile:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near my goal and I just changed it a few days ago. 1500 is much more comfortable for me than 1300.