I have 260 ca left and CRAVING breaded chicken. Help!!

Options
Like the title said! I'm looking around for recipes, but do any of you have any ideas? Tips? I have Giant Boneless Skinless chicken tenders defrosted. I'm marinating 4 over night for tomorrow's dinner, but I have 3 or 4 left. Any ideas? Recipes or ways to quell the urges? I've already downed 16 oz of water and I'm still feeling the chicken!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    So make the chicken and just eat a little bit of it...
  • daveytrouble
    Options
    dooo itt!!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    got to skinnytaste.com...I bet you can find a GOOD tip on how to hook those up w/ little calories.
  • tiarra77
    Options
    noooo!! dont do it!!!!!!!
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    Work out while the chicken cooks! :wink:
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like my laziness may actually save me. If I bread up two tenders and bake them, it won't be super high in calories, but that's a lot of work for just 2 tenders!!! I'll definitely try skinnytaste though!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Bread those bad boys, spritz on a little olive oil and bake them. That should be right around 200 calories, if not less.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When you do get around to making your chicken, you might crush up some chex mix cereal then dip the chicken in a milk/egg mixture then roll around in the chex cereal. Bake in the oven, it is like chicken tenders and good for you. I forget the baking temperature. I think it was around 350.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Or hungry girl. She makes all kinds of things "faux fried" with fiber one cereal. http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/725
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Strip them up and saute them with some veggies! Like a quick stir fry!
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    trader joes has some awesome breaded chicken that you bake!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dipp them in an egg and bread them with ground up frenches fried oninons (if you have some around) and bake in oven for 30 mins on 400 (depending on the size of the breast) 1/4 cup will cover a 4-6 ounce chicken breast. Yummy!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    A healthy alternative to Chili's Honey chipotle crispers! WHICH ARE 1,900 CALORIES!!!! And that's only for 5 pieces of chicken tenders! Not even including the sides! SMH This recipe is only 250 calories per serving! Yields 4 servings

(But its late, if I were you I'd eat an apple and save the chicken for tomorrow)

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
    Salt and black pepper to taste
    3 egg whites, lightly beaten
    2 cups panko bread crumbs
    2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 tsp chipotle pepper puree
    1 Tbsp honey

How to Make It:
    * Preheat the oven to 450°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Place the crumbs on a plate and season those, too. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then toss in the crumbs, being sure to coat fully.

* Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicken is firm.

* Combine the mustard, chipotle, and honey in a large bowl. Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are all evenly coated with the spicy-sweet sauce.