Beachbody workout.....worth it?

Options
Was hoping to get some input from people who have tried beachbody workouts. I started to really focus on getting healthy January 1st and have had success in losing weight by having a calorie deficit and doing my stationary bike for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week but I'm wanting to start incorporating an actual workout in my weight loss journey. Is beachbody a program that is doable for a 250 pound person? I don't want to put out the money for it if I won't be able to keep up with the workouts yet. Thanks for any input and information you can provide!!!

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Well Beachbody isn't a workout. It's a company that makes various workout programs. If you are talking about beachbody on demand, that is their streaming service that offers hundreds of different workout programs. The programs are of all levels, and they rank them from beginner to expert. So while you may not be able to do advanced programs, there should definitely be a good amount of programs you would be able to do.
  • snr92884
    snr92884 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, talking about the app. Thanks for the info.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of free workout videos available on youtube and you can search based on your level (beginner, etc). If you have Netflix or Prime, there are plenty on there, as well.

Not saying the BB workouts wouldn't work, but I wouldn't pay for them when there are so many other options. There is nothing special about them that would make them better than others you can find.
  • snr92884
    snr92884 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I had no idea netflix and prime had workouts too. Never thought to look. I'll start there. Thank you.
  • charms3155
    charms3155 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a huge supporter of the Beachbody programs. I have made it through 1 round of 80 Day Obesssion and 1 round of Liift4, just started my 2nd round of 80 Day Obsession because I love it that much! While doing Liift4 I did a sprinkling of other Beachbody workouts on the rest days. I do think Beachbody has something for everyone and there is always a modifier that you can stick with. You will be challenged but you can go at your pace because you can pause the workout at any time! I do my workouts with 3 of the neighbors, so if you need a "community" to get you moving all you have to do is ask, you will be surprised how many people want to do it but cannot stay motivated alone. Good luck in whatever you do end up doing.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    It is true you can certainly find a lot of free content other places on the internet, and it may be sufficient for your goals, but I don't find most of it to rise to the quality level of Beach Body workouts. When I say quality, I don't mean that you can't get a good workout out of them, but I am talking about production values and completeness. They are professionally produced programs that beach body puts a lot of money into, and they look the part. The videos are well produced, really feel more like a class (vs a lot of Youtube videos which is one person working out in their home or their gym), and always have a modifier person to adjust the workout if certain parts are too hard.

They are also complete, which each program usually having 10 or so different workouts that can be done individually or followed on a structured program.

So there are definitely certain benefits to them and a reason why they are paid vs free.