Pilates at a studio?

Options
Is anyone doing Pilates at an actual Pilates studio with certified Pilates trainers? This is going to be my main fitness focus shortly and want some friends/support who are not just working a DVD.

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just joined LA fitness and plan on going to my first Pilates class there on Saturday. Let me know you like it.
  • m5johnson
    m5johnson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I took Pilates classes for about a year. I decided to treat myself after my father passed away and tried to better myself at the same time. I found it relaxing, challenging and rejuvenating. I absolutely loved it!! Unfortunately it just got too expensive for me to continue. I hope you enjoy your classes! Try a chair class for some added challenge.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I just started in the beginning of August and LOVE it. I am doing a mat class (not the machine/reformer) and I find it challenging but fun. It is much better to do it at a studio rather than at home if you've never done it before, only because you get the best workout exercising the most muscles when you are in proper form. If you've never taken a class and just do a DVD, you'd never know how to be in that proper form (tight abs, shoulders back, straight line).

Classes aren't cheap at my studio. Starting just this week I am doing a class 2x a week. I am hoping I will learn enough that next session I can back it down to once a week and do it at home on off days.