Hello, Newly Diagnosed Pre-Type2

Options
Hello, My name is David and I have been diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes at 59.
Low carb diet with aim of 45grams of carbs per meal to maintain a healthy blood sugar throughout the day. Any snack ideas, meals are not too hard to figure out. I snack on lots of nuts and dried fruit. I am looking for replacement ideas.

Replies

• gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, greek yogurt, the flavored starkist tuna pouches are a few of the low carb snacks I have when hungry.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Do keto if you like, but keep in mind it isn't necessary to recover from pre-diabetic blood work. Pre-diabetic glucose levels serve namely as a warning rather than an actual diagnosis...it's not actually a disease like type II...once you are type II you are always type II and can only put the disease in remission but can't cure.

I had pre-diabetic blood work when I started all of this good livin stuff 7 years ago. I didn't do anything remotely as restrictive as keto. I did quit soda and substantially limited "treat" type of foods, deserts, etc. I started eating more veg and fruit and beans and lentils...leaner cuts of meat, and healthier fats. I started exercising regularly and lost about 40 Lbs. IMO, losing the weight and regular exercise had more to do with bringing my glucose levels down to normal than diet, but I had a lot of other things going on that would benefit from a healthier diet anyway...and well, it's just easier to lose weight when you're eating better nutritionally IMO.
  • peggeez1
    peggeez1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sent you an invite David!