You want me to do what??? Really???

Options
I am a person who loves to tell everyone everything, but finding that ppl don't really like to hear about your success for some reason. I haven't been able to talk to my friends much about my weight loss, but I am super stoked about it. I used MFP last year and did well, but I stopped using it and gained all my weight back when I started college (huge life change being 30)! This time around I actually seem to understand it more and am doing really well, 4.6 lbs in 2 weeks! Yesterday at school I got asked to run for homecoming queen to represent the non-traditional student organization that I am involved in and I am sooooo excited! Completely blown away that I was even asked! So this is for anyone that feels bad about bragging themselves up to their friends bc they are jealous and pick on you if you do.... BRAG AWAY! Let me share in your happiness...

Replies

• wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    not bragging! good for you!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I would love to hear you brag about your success!!! To hear about other peoples weight loss is not only inspiring to me, but it is also inspirational!! Add me as a friend if you would like. Lisa from CA
  • McSnoozle
    McSnoozle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good for you --- school at 30 and taking care of your health and fitness. I think people aren't so much jealous as uncomfortable because you're growing (in spirit!) and changing and that is threatening to them, because they haven't figured out themselves yet. It's such a high when things start to click and your motivation and purpose take root. Celebrate your badass self. I'll applaud you every time!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have lost 55 pounds in about 6 months and feel great! Tonight after my Body Pump class I had my dear hubby put 55-56 pounds of weight in my arms...I couldn't believe it! Then some of my friends at class had to "feel" how much I lost...they were amazed and it was the most wonderful feeling ever! One of them even said that she has noticed a difference in me and that I was much more confident over the past couple of weeks...WOW! It was a great evening! Congrats to you too!!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo yo for 30 years... this site is helping me reverse that trend!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you rock! I went back to school at 33. I am 34 now and super comfy being me. You should totally brag every chance you get.
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome posts! :D Very grateful for all the positive feed back! Yay for all of you!