Failing to lose any weight!!

Options
I am tracking macros and training 5 days a week and I am losing nothing! Since having a baby I am really struggling.. I’m now dropping my cals to 1200 a day hoping to shed the last 24lbs if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What is your current calorie goal and how long have you been at it without losing anything?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat? Is the exercise new? You could be retaining water to heal muscle.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    --deleted--

@quicksylver0922 beat me to it ;)
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking? Maybe if you open your diary you can get some more specific advice.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,901 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? You mention last 24 lbs. How many already lost and in what time frame?

You are trying to lose 2lbs a week with a new baby and on your last 24?

I see an athletic picture too.

Are you already in the "normal" weight range and the 24 will take you further in the range?
  • honeyb128
    honeyb128 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t responded to everyone I didn’t get a notification! I lost 5.5 stone in a year and I have 24lb left to lose. I’ve been training in the gym since the 27th December and I’m not losing a thing.. I’m not breastfeeding and I’m tracking everything I eat. I was on 1600 cals a day and I began to gain weight so I have dropped to 1200 cals a day but still nothing xx
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    honeyb128 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven’t responded to everyone I didn’t get a notification! I lost 5.5 stone in a year and I have 24lb left to lose. I’ve been training in the gym since the 27th December and I’m not losing a thing.. I’m not breastfeeding and I’m tracking everything I eat. I was on 1600 cals a day and I began to gain weight so I have dropped to 1200 cals a day but still nothing xx

Do you use a food scale?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

I'd add that you've lost quite some amount, the last bit it sloooooow and won't come off at the pace you previously lost. You also have less margin for error than you would have had previously.

Have you taken any break in weight loss since you dropped nearly 80lbs?
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    77lbs in a year is SO impressive! Maybe you're more muscular now? Have you tried making performance based goals or focusing on you feel vs the number on the scale?
  • honeyb128
    honeyb128 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven’t really had a break apart from over Christmas but my inches have definitely gone down and I would say I’m more lean but it’s so frustrating when tracking everything I eat and training so hard to see nothing 😕
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I haven’t really had a break apart from over Christmas but my inches have definitely gone down and I would say I’m more lean but it’s so frustrating when tracking everything I eat and training so hard to see nothing 😕

I'd perhaps give the Diet Break thread a read, you may just need a mental break before tackling the last 24lbs with a renewed vigour and accuracy.

I'll retrieve the link for it and edit it in in a mo..

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks
  • LivinBest_Life
    LivinBest_Life Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Some motivating words, u LOOK AMAZING IN YOUR PIC!
  • Leonie_M234
    Leonie_M234 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job!!! well done! that weight loss is incredible. I can relate to the plateau...so frustrating!
    Sounds like you are training hard, perhaps 1200 is a little low? not sure how tall you are though