How often do you step on the scale?

Options
124»

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I haven’t weighed in 3 or 4 days, feels like an eternity. I’ve also been lifting heavy - for me, which isn’t heavy at all for lots of people 😁 and suspect the scale won’t be my friend right now. I’ve decided to force myself to wait until Monday at least. Apparently I’m an obsessive sort of person and didn’t really know that about myself.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Every day! I do still go up and down in tenth's of a pound but I find even going down a tenth or so it is very motivating for me.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I weight about 3 days a week - first thing in the morning.
    Always on Sunday because it's my rest day and my muscles are hopefully letting go of the water retention from my lifting sessions
  • LivinBest_Life
    LivinBest_Life Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I never step on the scale. U know there is no need to. STOP micro managing yourself.
    We all have control of ourselves don't we? We do, so instead of deciding to stand on the scale, decide......should I be putting that in MY MOUTH?
    This life is all about making healthy food choices. Take control of what u eat, when u eat and intermintent fast, u will not need to stand on the scale again. It takes a little knowledge, commitment and dedication but once u r eating right u might as well throw out your scales!

Here to help 😁
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, after peeing and before shower or coffee. I did this before I lost weight, while losing, and while maintaining. The only time the # affected my mood was prior to losing. I see daily weigh-ins the same as keeping an eye on your bank account and budget. It gets away from you if you don't keep it in mind.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Another one who weighs daily. It's like brushing my teeth - it's just something that I do for myself.

Having lost 75 lbs 4 years ago, I have a weight range that I want to stay within. Once you have the knowledge of how (and why) weight can fluctuate from day-to-day without it necessarily meaning you've gained fat, the number on the scale each day ceases to have an emotional impact and becomes merely a data point. Data which, when viewed over time, can clearly indicate a trend in one direction or the other. :)
  • RileyReyer
    RileyReyer Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I weigh on the scale once a week.
  • PrismaticPhoenix
    PrismaticPhoenix Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I'm trying to lose weight. Once I'm at maintenance, I plan to continue weighing because the way I gained 40 pounds was by ignoring what was happening. Will it need to happen every day? Maybe not, I don't know. I will be aware that fluctuations happen, just as I'm aware of it now.
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log everything in an excel where I've input all lovely formulas to give me different estimations. For example, I know that right now I should have lost weight due to my calorie intake, but I just restarted my workouts, so I saw a climb of 1 lbs /0.5kg in a matter of 2 days. Water retention. And based on my previous experience - this is very small water retention as in the past I've seen between 2-4lbs gain just after first few sessions in the gym.

But this works for me. Numbers make sense and it took me a decade to realize that weight loss is not a linear one-way-down trip.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month. I'm not a big fan of scale fluctuations even though I logically know that they are normal. I just trust the process of logging my food.
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    every other Friday morning
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, once in the morning and again before I go to bed.