Weight loss in face?

Options
I heard from a friend that when you lose weight the first part that reduces is your face? Is this true? I googled it but got different answers, so since you are all experienced with weight loss, what body part loses weight first the most?

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    It changes for everyone. For me, it's my arms and my boobs. Sadly. But I'm starting to see a lot of changes in my face! It's all up to our body where it wants to take fat from.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i always notice it in my face first but ive heard that fat last gained is the first to go
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My face has always been where I first notice a gain or loss. I don't know if that is necessarily where I first lose, but I do notice it in my face. Now if I could only get other people to notice it :wink:
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My boobs are always the first to go :-( the one place I want a little extra fat :-)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    for me it is, seems to come off top and bottom but not the middle, also the only part of you always visible to people is your face so they notice that first, and comment on it..........
  • Jeliica
    Options
    I hope it's my face first, lol. I hate taking pictures with my chin and fat cheeks! Lol, and the arms. I can live with belly fat forever, but arm fat is torture!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Day to day I wonder, but I made a composite of headshots from 165lb to 150lb and I can see a definite change-lost my double chin and the lower half of my face isn't so rounded.
    if interested you can see it at http://notgoddess.com/images/102.png
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ive always heard it was the boobs that were the first to go! for me its my lower legs that are getting smaller....
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my butt loses first I think lol.

I think it depends on the person. I gained weight and my face became fuller, but now that I have lost the weight, my face is still full so...it may even depend on time of year or something xD
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I saw a friend the other night who I hadn't seen in a while, she stopped and did a double take because she didn't recognize me at first because of the face.

God bless!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    My face is def one of the first to go! I am glad its like that too! Lol
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lose it in my face and neck first.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I notice it first in my fingers, stupid as that sounds. I've only lost 4lbs but my engagement ring is much, much looser than it was, hopefully I can get my wedding ring back on soon! Stupid 4lbs, coulda come off somewhere that REALLY needed it. Like my stomach or my *kitten* but no, it came off my fingers. :grumble:

I seem to lose it in places nobody would notice first. Ankles, wrists, fingers, forearms etc and then suddenly I'll seem to lose a load from more noticeable areas. At least, thats how it worked last time. This is going by how bracelets, anklets, rings and clothing fit anyway.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    been werid to me this time I have noticed more of a weight change in my feet.... I am like serioulsy????? Why the heck the feet.... noone notices that but my shoe size has changed from a 10 to a 9....why cant that be off my butt?
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well mine was my face and my legs. Not complaining about that though :D
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    been werid to me this time I have noticed more of a weight change in my feet.... I am like serioulsy????? Why the heck the feet.... noone notices that but my shoe size has changed from a 10 to a 9....why cant that be off my butt?
    Lol, I'm not the only one losing the lbs in weird places then.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

My oldest daughter got mono last yr an dropped 70lbs in 4 months (also killed her galbladder :/ poor baby) she dropped a shoe size, maybe 2 (I have 3 daughters that are very close in age. I take them to buy shoes an clothes so I dont have to keep up with who wears what size LOL) I thought at the time that was the strangest thing I'd ever heard!! Then I realized I've gone up half a shoe size!! I'm looking forward to dropping that half a size lol
    I also notice in my hands and face first when I drop weight. I dont mind as its a very visible reminder that I AM dropping weight. I only wear 1 ring and when its loose I know I'm on track :)