Why am I so hungry?

Options
13»

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I would guess it's because 1600 calories for someone of your size is really low, even when eating to lose weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    At 300 Lbs, 1600 calories per day seems pretty stinkin' low to me. I know everyone wants to lose all of there weight like yesterday, but being overly aggressive usually doesn't end well in regards to sustainability.
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Try to drink more water, up to mid-60's ounces a day. When I started drinking more water I had to pee all the time and yes it's frustrating. It finally eased up, maybe my body got used to the amount or flushed itself? I then started to slow up the water at night so I wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night, which I hate.

So I start drinking water when I get up and throughout the day. Most days I get my target amount, 67oz, some days I'm under. But try to drink more water, it really is a benefit.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    vggb wrote: »
    Try to drink more water, up to mid-60's ounces a day. When I started drinking more water I had to pee all the time and yes it's frustrating. It finally eased up, maybe my body got used to the amount or flushed itself? I then started to slow up the water at night so I wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night, which I hate.

So I start drinking water when I get up and throughout the day. Most days I get my target amount, 67oz, some days I'm under. But try to drink more water, it really is a benefit.

I will try! Thank you!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    At 300 Lbs, 1600 calories per day seems pretty stinkin' low to me. I know everyone wants to lose all of there weight like yesterday, but being overly aggressive usually doesn't end well in regards to sustainability.

Yeah, I might raise it at some point. I'll see how I get on. I'm feeling a little better now as I'm making a hot breakfast now, but if the problems persist then I'll try eating 1,800 calories a day or maybe even 2000.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Nice big breakfast to start the day!

Are you drinking a lot of water? Are you on any medications? I am and it causes dry mouth so I always feel thirsty, I probably drink too much water. I usually get up once a night. I'm also diabetic but it's in remission.