Hi Guys .. I'm new and need motivation

Options
:flowerforyou: My doctor told me about this site and I like it so far. I am hoping to find friends for support. I'm 56 and feel like 80! I need to lose at least 50 pounds and would love to lose 100. I don't know how I let it get this bad but I've got to do something before I get some dreaded disease or can't exercise. I don't want to have surgery but am starting to get desperate. I'm going to give it one last shot. If you want to share your tips and strategies, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Replies

• leopardspotlady
    Options
    I hear ya! I'll be 55 in a couple weeks, need to lose 50 pounds. Tired of buying larger, or stretchy clothes!
    Find something fun you like to do. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, so water aerobics is GREAT for me! Joined 2 different classes to try them out. Have been going for 2 weeks, but just started the "diet" today! I do NOT work out - EVER! So my goal is to work out 3 times per week. I'm trying to do the water aerobics at least twice per week, plus one other activity. Everytime I work out, I send a text to my sister-in-law. It's accountability.

Good luck from Dallas!:flowerforyou:
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. Glad you are here.
    Add me as a friend if you would like to.
    You can do this. it's not that hard really if we just post everything that we eat, the weight will start falling off.
    And be sure to drink your water every day.
    Again, add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I didnt even realize that we all three had the same flower on our post. that's cute.
  • fuelman67
    Options
    I recommend watching the documentary called, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", you can watch it on Netflix streaming if you have an account. Also watch "Forks, over Knives" another great one.

My recommend being committed and using the Myfitnesspal app on your phone if you have any of the phones that will support the app. Watch your calorie intake and exercise, here is what I do and I mix it up so that I don't get bored with any one thing. I walk, ride bike, swim, lift weights, work in the yard, hike when ever possible... In the last 3 months I've become very active as before I was not. I've lost around 25 pounds by exercising in those 3 months, and watching what I eat. I'd also recommend www.fat2fitradio.com and listen to the pod casts. My heaviest was at 250, not long ago, currently at 201.

I promise you, you can do this,