Seeking a mentor

Options
nelsonec4
nelsonec4 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
I have been telling myself and family/friends for 11 months now that I weigh 165lbs I got on the scales yesterday and I was at 190lbs at 5"7" at age 26 😣 I need to start really looking at a change before this gets worse than it is. I work as a fisheries observer and it's got a very unpredictable schedule or rather no schedule at all. I'm looking for someone who understands this concept and can help me make changes/choices and keep me on track to do better. Add me or I'll add you or both!

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    No schedule? That would be difficult. How far ahead of time do you know when you're going to work? What does an average work week look like for you? Maybe we can offer some help with a few more details.
  • nelsonec4
    nelsonec4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    No schedule? That would be difficult. How far ahead of time do you know when you're going to work? What does an average work week look like for you? Maybe we can offer some help with a few more details.

I get a minimum of 4 to 6 hrs notice if I'm going on a boat. A typical day before trip consists of waiting till about 2 or 3pm and then information from my boss of captains phone numbers comes in and I need to start calling and texting to get on a boat. Usually! Exceptions permitted, if by 7pm I haven't been assigned a confirmed trip then I wont be going out the next day but if a captain confirms then I usually start preparing by packing as soon as I know, this is clothing lay out cause it's cold outside, paperwork, equipment, and lunch. After I've gotten ready I usually shower and sleep and get to bed by 9pm sleep till 12am then need to be at the dock for 1am and boat sails at 2am. Then im on the boat till like 5pm to 9pm depending on what the captain has planned for fising.there usually no way for me to keep things cold and usually no microwaves or ovens or heaters of any kind. And it's very frowned upon by captains to see observers(me) eating, or to have alot of food with them. Like if it can fit in a small grocery bag and stuffed in the top of my back pack with all my other stuff then it's usually perfect.
    I usually do alot of small prepackaged snacks like jerky, welchs gummies, goldfish, small bags of chips(pita is a favorite lately). And I always bring a small treat for me when I'm going on multiday trips because on multiday trips over 36 hrs captain/crew/boat is responsible for the food, and usually they do alot of high fat high carb lots of snacks, and my treat consists of a small rice crispy treat, and a mini cow tail.
    Hope this helps explain what