How was your January?

Options
Welcome to February! We're a whole month into 2020! Whether you're here as a new years resolution or you've been here resolutely for years, it's good to evaluate how your goals are progressing so far this year. Have you nailed your exercise goals? Slacked off on your food diary? Finally seeing the scale budge in the right direction? Just log on to read posts and convince yourself you're still on track?

I'll start!

I restarted just before Christmas so I suppose it's just shy of a New year's resolution. I've had days that I've logged every crumb I've eaten and days I've been hijacked by binge eating everything in sight. Binge eating days are a big problem for me and much of the reason I reached 275 pounds in the first place. I've had fewer binges though as I've been more consistent with my food diary, so that in itself is a win. I've been walking a couple times a week when the weather cooperates, I feel stuck at a mile and a half and haven't been able to convince myself to up my speed. On the other hand my yoga workouts are getting better, I'm noticing I'm able to keep up better with the videos I could barely struggle through the first couple weeks, even though I'm still sweating my face off. The scale is moving which is a major victory, but I'm not seeing any progress in the mirror so that's a little discouraging.

Your turn!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My log looks like the month sucked, but the scale and measurements did not suck. I think I overestimated on the days I needed to estimate, and I had a bunch of those days this month due to birthdays and work trips. I lost three pounds and am nearing a 27-inch waist when I felt like I had been sitting at 28 forever. Started to develop a little bit of skin crinkling on my stomach, perhaps a precursor to loose skin, but it actually makes me feel more proud than it being bothersome. I have not been good with exercise and I think some of my hip pain returning is because of this. Time to get back to walking regularly. It’s not snowing enough to use shoveling as regular exercise. Work stress has been a constant this month so I’m glad I’ve been able to do this much and that while I did a bit of stress eating, it did not progress to binge eating.
  • DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    RelCanonical I'm so proud of you! Keep working toward your goals!