What do you use to reward yourself?

Options
I joined fairly recently but am pleased already with the progress I'm seeing. I'm still working on my mini-goals but have a question. In the past, I've always tied food to celebrating. I want to find some creative, non-food-related ways to celebrate reaching my personal milestones. I'm not really the mani/pedi type and I don't have a ton of money laying around for things like major wardrobe updates. But I feel like there's got to be something out there...do how do you reward yourself for your accomplishments, weight loss or otherwise?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Muscle definition and strength, also fitting into a little black dress and not having to worry about cellulite is pretty sweet.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    hi - I'm like you - not alot of money laying around for "things" :smile:

for me i guess i just trained myself to let "peace of mind" be my reward. Just a genuine feeling of accomplishment for my own personal growth and then I just let that be "enough"

best of luck!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    For every day you eat well, you are rewarding yourself with better health. Isn't that a good enough reward?
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have some rewards set for weight/cms lost

loose a dress size and buy new work out clothes for running. should mention this is one set and I don't have any work out clothes currently I walk in jeans or long pants in the tropics!

loose another 3kg and join the gym (this is the weight i set to focus on building muscle and I am sure I will need the help of a PT)

once my clothes no longer fit I will buy new ones somebody suggested putting money aside for each pound lost (I will probably do every 500g lost)

However I want to come up with rewards for sticking to challengers for instance I am in one to burn 5k a week for a month. I think working out 30mins-an hour on top of the 110mins i walk warrants some form of reward. Not sure what yet though might go on a date night with the hubby.

I think the key is find some things you REALLY REALLY want and set achievable goals based on the cost of them. so you smallest costing reward will be the first mini goal and so on and have a large reward for your overall goal
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I also tend to want to reward with food. I'm trying to change to reward myself with a few new songs for my ipod or maybe a new book.
  • Jackiej26
    Jackiej26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually rewarded myself with a new bicycle after hitting my 30 lb mark!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't get too much into mini-goal rewards...I do allow myself a bit more latitude for fitness related purchases (e.g. exercise clothes, HRM, will be getting pedometer this weekend). My big final goal reward, though, will be a custom-tailored suit. :happy:
  • jadery24
    Options
    bump
  • Suzannejl
    Options
    I don't have extra money too. And since my husbands stroke I reward myself with mani anyway. But I do reward myself by seeing that little button that says you are under your calorie goal each night! And I don't beat myself up on weekends, or evenings when I go over. For example tonight I hosted a GS leader meeting and treated everyone to a block of dark chocolate and a bottle of sweet red desert wine. The surprise is that I am still under my cal goal. p,s, today I hit my 1/2 milestone too! So a little is ok! Just make sure you count everything, good and bad! And then the bad aren't so bad! I've been doing it this way since March and have lost 16 #'s as of today! woo hoo! And let me tell you, I pigged out on Easter, I eat at my MIL for Sunday dinners, I still go out for dates with my hubby, I just try to moderate, and counter (especially come Monday).

Enjoy! Don't deprive severly or you will be miserable and only think about that!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Actually i guess i did "reward" myself with stuff but it was actually workout stuff that would keep me going and stay motivated. i got a couple pair of yoga pants, sports bras, running shorts, real running shoes and proper socks. Next i would like an ipod, a HRM and gym membership.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, i'll get some special seafood, like scallops, or jumbo shrimp.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    a facial is more rewarding than you think. If you've never had one, I HIGHLY recommend it. ditto for any massage - even a foot massage/pedicure is awesome to me.
    new shoes
    my goal is to lose for my vacation so the vacation itself will be the reward
    my long term goals are tied to the holidays so I'll be celebrating anyway!
    I consider a day of lounging around watching classic movies as a treat
    A set of weights or some exercise related something?
    I don't know - I do silly things like buying myself a party crown (might say 'biggest loser' on it) I got a birthday one etc
  • clippershore
    Options
    I reached 10 lbs lost and got my hubby to buy me a new seat for my bike so it wouldn't hurt to ride longer. :) Doesn't cost much and gets me to keep going longer.
    Maybe after the next 10 lbs I'll be able to break out some of my other clothes that I haven't fit into in a LONG time.
    Refresh something that is old that you want to see referbished. (New shower head to give you a massage after a long work out)
    There are lots of things out there you just have to know what would make you happy and work toward that. Sometimes for me it is just as big of a reward to accomplish the mini goal as it is to give myself something for it. KWIM?
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose I put 50 cents in a jar to buy whatever I want. ^^

It's not too much at the time, but I'm hoping will add up over time and then I'll get this hello kitty purse I've been drooling over.

(It's the quilted Hello Kitty face purse by loungefly. When I lose 50lbs I get to get it. I'm also going to be treating myself for another accomplishment, so it's going to be...yeah)
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I gave up my soda addiction and save that money for new treats for myself that i can use when i get my 10# goal markers.
  • alltalk199
    Options
    The pure fact that I get to wake up every morning and see my children is a reward in itself. I certainly don't deprive myself of certain foods, just portion controlled, it's a balancing act. I do love a glass of red wine that I look forward too at the end of the month.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When I got under 200 I bought myself one new outfit. (You can even get it from goodwil or something like it) then when I got to 180 I bought myself new smaller underwear. When I get to 150 I plan on getting a full body massage.
  • hicenogle
    hicenogle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone...some of these are really awesome ideas! I love the idea of "paying" myself for each pound I lose and then using the money to treat myself later. Thanks for sharing your ideas!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Remeber, you can still treat yourself with cakes etc, as long as you stay in the limiation of your calories!
    Even though you dont have a ton of money theres still ways for you to reward yourself. Like for example

a massage
    a magazinesubcription
    going to the movies
    or a concert
    nice underwear
    scented candels of the more expensive kind ( my favourite!)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    As long as I've had an otherwise healthy day and I'm please with the proteins, fruits, and veggies that I consumed I have wine and ice cream. However, pretty much as long as I'm still breathing at the end of the day I have wine.