Started on Intermittent fasting

Options
I will stay in touch on my progress of weight loss with intermittent fasting currently following the close to 15 /9 as 16/8 is slightly off my schedule . Anyone eles started and care to share the pitfalls or progress you witnessed .

Replies

• VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just started intermittant fasting because I realized there was no point in eating at 5 am when I get up if I'm just gonna be hungry by 10 am anyway. I don't have any progress to share. Only pitfall being getting used to being hungry again, but I guess progress-ish is seeing that each and every day, I feel less and less hungry between meals. I would call mine 12/12, but I haven't gotten it down pat yet. Ideally it'll be 16/8 or 14/10 I think, because of my schedule.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am back to IF 16/8 as well but I am doing a pretty much 6am to 1 pm eating window...it helps my digestion and I can actually eat more calories and still lose weight so my body enjoys it...I do get head hungry in the evenings sometimes but it is getting easier...I use the Zero app to keep track...good luck guys!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat before 10 am or after 6 pm. I drink lots of celestial seasonings apple cinnamon tea. I do think this has made a good difference for me.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of IF, goal is 16/8. It was challenging eating enough calories in such a short window but I'm sure I'll adjust. Tomorrow will be the real test as I'll be at work. Looking forward to weightloss, better craving control, and improved insulin.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am one month in. I have lost 2kg so far which I am happy about. So far this has been so easy for me. I have been doing 18:6 mostly but I did do OMAD yesterday for the first time ever. I found it easy. I think I will try it again tomorrow.
  • VanessaRP2
    VanessaRP2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing IF for 2 months now. I usually eat between 2pm-8pm. If I’m going out and staying out late I’ll shift my window. The important thing about IF is to incorporate healthy fats, especially if you’re also doing low carb. I don’t get hungry at all. I workout out in the morning, in my fasted state, and I’ve been getting better results. I do break my schedule and eat breakfast every now and then just to change it up.
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I do IF 18/6 Monday to Friday. I started last month. I get up at 5:30 to exercise fasted. I start eating at 12 for my brunch and between 5 and 6 for my dinner. No snacks. It was hard at the beginning but you'll get use to it. I drink green tea, black coffee and water at morning.