please look at my diary :)

Options
i was not losing any weight so by everyones reccomendation i increased my calories in the hopes of losing. i switched goals from 1lb a week loss to 1/2 lb a week to give myself more calories. how does my diary look? any suggestions? ill take the good with the bad. Thanks. btw i am 5'7 CW is 130lbs GW is 120lbs

Replies

• darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wish my diary looked more like yours :) looks great to me!! lotsa fiber is always great
  • dannylives
    Options
    I like your attitude. Remember losing weight takes time, sometimes longer than we might like. :)
  • anner53108
    Options
    If you've given yourself more calories, you need to eat them, lol! :wink:
    I know it seems counter-intuitive, but you need to fuel your body to lose weight. If you don't eat enough, your body will just hold on to what it has -- especially when you're only 10 pounds from goal.
    I'm speaking from my own and my friends' experiences.
    Try to get within 100 calories of your goal every day (even if it's over; that little over is completely recoverable).

So eat more, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water -- more than 8 cups a day (log it so you think about it, too).

Otherwise, I think your diary looks OK. It's difficult not to go over in sugar, I know (believe me I know), but if you can cut the sugar down a little, that will probably help too.

Good luck! :smile:

~ Ann
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You should watch your sodium instead of fiber and drink extra water.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    diary looks pretty good, but a suggestion for logging that might help is remember that you can "quick add" calories. >_< I noticed you logged very small things, so maybe quick adding would help save time :)

you are very beautiful btw! :)
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 120 might be too skinny. Maybe find an objective friend or doctor to advise you. I am only one inch taller and I look sick at 137. My best weight is ten pounds more than you are now and I am only an inch taller. Maybe you are naturally very petite but 120 at your height is pushing it. There is a reason your body won't shed anymore weight. Be careful.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your tips, ideas, suggestions, and compliments. i will take them all into consideration :)
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 120 might be too skinny. Maybe find an objective friend or doctor to advise you. I am only one inch taller and I look sick at 137. My best weight is ten pounds more than you are now and I am only an inch taller. Maybe you are naturally very petite but 120 at your height is pushing it. There is a reason your body won't shed anymore weight. Be careful.

Agreed!
  • Jdine
    Jdine Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good you consistently staying in your goal.. I would try switching up your macro nutrients a little.I would try to eat a more complex carb in the morning like rolled or steel cut oats. and get more complex carb at night like sweet potato or brown rice whole grain pasta. I would limit the servings of nuts to just once a day. Tho they are good for you they contain alot of fat. Try adding more olive oil or avocado to replace the fat. Try replacing your hamburger bun with whole grain natural bread it may have more calories but the body makes better use of them. And add more lean sources of protein like fish and chicken. Your doing better than most just by loggin your calories! Make sure your portions are accurate! Workout at the gym make sure your doing cardio and wts and the fat will come off!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You do only have 8 lbs too lose it could take a while... patience... your diary looks good.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    diary looks pretty good, but a suggestion for logging that might help is remember that you can "quick add" calories. >_< I noticed you logged very small things, so maybe quick adding would help save time :)

you are very beautiful btw! :)

If you do that, though, you lose out on all of the other nutrients. Some of us would rather do it right than save a couple of seconds.
  • mmlkb4
    Options
    More fresh fruits and veggies!
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Yup, try watching your sodium. You'll be amazed!

:flowerforyou:
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with watching the sodium too. I have started watching that recently and I am noticing a big difference :) Other then that it looks good.