Can't do negative calorie adjustment?

Options
sdavis484
sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
I have read articles detailing how to "enable calorie adjustment." When I try to do it to my account, I am unable to. Is this because my calories are already set to 1200 and can't go any lower? Thanks!

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    That seems like a logical conclusion. MFP has a 1200 minimum for female people.

Usually if MFP is giving you 1200 calories, you have selected too aggressive of a loss rate. Unless you are older, short, and/or very sedentary? Your photo would say the answer is probably no.
  • sdavis484
    Options
    Thanks guys. Rabbit - I selected 2lbs per week loss. I'm pretty strict with my diet during the week but usually have a cheat meal on Sunday, so I'm really not very underfed! I haven't been losing 2lbs/week either which is frustrating so I certainly wouldn't want to go higher.
  • sdavis484
    Options
    I'm losing approx 1lb every six days. 21lbs to goal. I've been feeling tired in my workouts in the past few days but just today, I have come down with something from my lovable but germy children who were also sick. Don't worry, I'm not working out until better but I wonder if while I'm sick if I should up my cals? You're welcome to peek at my diary of you'd like.