Eating bacon every morning, what are your thoughts?

Options
124»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I always thought that bacon was low fat. Any diet I've been on always said bacon and an egg in the morning.?

Not sure where you got that from. Both eggs and bacon are high fat. Eggs get about 65% of their calories from fat and bacon when raw is about 90% of calories from fat (when it is cooked, some of the fat cooks out, so it will usually be somewhere between 70-80% fat).

Bacon and egg are almost no carb, which is why they are a staple in those diets. They can also be part of a calorie counting diet, as they are both moderate in calories and can be controlled into reasobable portion sizes fairly easily.

But they are definitely not low fat and wouldn't be eaten in any diet trying to bill itself as such.

Idk what bacon you buy, but mine is 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carb.

Raw? Most labels will list nutrition label a cooking method, which as I mentioned, reduces the the fat content of it so the fat to protein ratio will change. That will bring it if well done to about 70-30 fat to protein. If you don't cook it well done, there will be more fat. Here is nutrition for it raw. Claims of 5% carbs is basically due to rounding on portion sizes. In reality it is maybe 1% at most.

i44lr5ld870s.jpg

Just wondering if it's possible the two of you are talking about different products as the amount of fat in what's sold as bacon in different English-speaking countries isn't always the same (some comes from belly, some from back, etc.).
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time that I had bacon... ;) I know that it was sometime last year.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    dewd2 wrote: »
    I came here for the bacon but I have to ask. How the hell does one die from bed sheet entanglement??? I mean this actually happens???? SMH

Now, back to my deliciously crispy bacon. <3

I suspect dying from bed sheet entanglement is an attempt at sexual gratification gone wrong.

Didn't think of that. Now I'm sorry I asked. :#:D

Belatedly it occurs to me that it didn't say "adult deaths," so presumably a significant number of these are actually infant deaths caused by care-givers who probably thought they were just keeping the baby warm.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I was sleeping this AM when my OH was cooking bacon...bacon alarm clock!

He mostly cooks a full package in the microwave and freezes what we don't eat that morning. The frozen bacon finishes cooking with 30 seconds in the microwave.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @kshama2001
    What is "OH?" Other husband?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @kshama2001

I'm not Kshama2001, but I'm assuming they're using "OH" to mean, "other half".
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001

Other Half. We're both in our 50's, have been married before, and don't feel the need to get married any time soon. Although people do refer to him as my husband all the time.

If I did have Other Husband, he could make Second Breakfasts. :lol:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @kshama2001

Other Half. We're both in our 50's, have been married before, and don't feel the need to get married any time soon. Although people do refer to him as my husband all the time.

The husband we all deserve... :laugh:
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    @kshama2001

I think is a seriously good argument for Other Husbands.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @kshama2001

I think is a seriously good argument for Other Husbands.

Thank you to all of you for clarifying the meaning of "OH."