tummy pooch blues

Options
i have a tummy pooch that is really annoying. the top of my stomach it toned and is getting skinnier but the bottom still sticks out and looks fat. :explode: :explode: :explode:

does anyone know a good way to make that part of your stomach get smaller??

:heart:

Replies

• star23candy
    Options
    i have a tummy pooch that is really annoying. the top of my stomach it toned and is getting skinnier but the bottom still sticks out and looks fat. :explode: :explode: :explode:

does anyone know a good way to make that part of your stomach get smaller??

:heart:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Question for you. Have you had any children? I am asking because pregnancy can cause the muscles to relax. And pregnancy can stretch out the skin. These things can not be corrected completely from diet and exercise. Now if you have not been pregnant that is a different story. The bad thing is that you can not spot reduce you just need to keep eating healthy and exercising. Cardio and weight training. You would need to burn off the fat and strengthen the muscle.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    trust me on this...it does come in time! But as Kimono said, we can't spot reduce but we can keep up our workouts and visualize success!!:drinker: Visualization...often forgotten but a pretty smart guy on here popped it back to the front of my memory....so that's how I do it, see it flat in your mind as you're going about your day, working out.... believing truly does bring about results!

How about focusing on what HAS changed about your body that you're noticing and thinking WOW...good job! I know it's something I work on as I sometimes get stuck on looking at what's left instead of what's GONE off my bod!:laugh: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Kimono
    Options
    I just want to be clear. I know a flat stomach is a big goal for many people. But I do have a few friends who have had children-and they are thin and fit. But because of pregnancy they will never have a flat stomach with out plastic surgery. One of them is super thin, no fat on her stomach but she has extra skin, it was stretched out with pregnancy and the only way to get rid of it is surgery. Another has a stomach that doesn't have alot of fat on it, but has a more bloated look. This is when the muscles are stretched from pregnancy. I think both of these women look amazing, but they are not satisfied, and both have talked to doctors about their situation. I am sure there are other women on this site that can relate to these situations.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    what you're describing, kimono, is like my sister. she had tons of stretched out skin covered in stretch marks. she eventually had a tummy tuck to get rid of that excess skin. it certainly worked but it's MAJOR surgery. definitely not for everyone...
  • Kimono
    Options
    what you're describing, kimono, is like my sister. she had tons of stretched out skin covered in stretch marks. she eventually had a tummy tuck to get rid of that excess skin. it certainly worked but it's MAJOR surgery. definitely not for everyone...

Yes it is major surgury, but it is very common for women who have had children. I don't think we can say to everyone (without seeing them) that they will get a flat stomach with diet and exercise. Man do I wish we could. A lot of womens stomach muscle split durring preganancy, (mine did) and sometimes those muscle will go flat again and sometimes they will not on their own. Ahh the joys of being a women...But of course those little bundles of joy are well worth it.