how to build muscle?

Options
I started the stronglifts program about 3 months ago in order to build strength. That is an area I felt I was lacking. I finally feel I have a built good foundation with my core and have developed a good strength.
I am only doing 3 workouts a week. Each workout contains only 3 exercises. Though I have definitely built strength, I now want to see some gains i.e muscles. Can I now go ahead and modify my routine? what's the next best program I can do after stronglifts if my goal is to gain muscle?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Generally avoid modifying routines, but you can pick a new one. See the pinned post called "Most Helpful Posts" and look for the link "Which lifting program.."
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'd look into Greyskull or one of the 531 Programs - BBB is a good one - 531 Boring but Big. I think either on is a good progression from Starting Strength
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    jonmarrow wrote: »
    I started the stronglifts program about 3 months ago in order to build strength. That is an area I felt I was lacking. I finally feel I have a built good foundation with my core and have developed a good strength.
    I am only doing 3 workouts a week. Each workout contains only 3 exercises. Though I have definitely built strength, I now want to see some gains i.e muscles. Can I now go ahead and modify my routine? what's the next best program I can do after stronglifts if my goal is to gain muscle? [/

If you can’t add weight to the bar each session it’s time to move to intermediate programming. You know where to look on the forum for the thread.., pick a programme you like and follow it. I did phul but there are others depending on your goals and preferences.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    "The Bridge" is one of the few templates that have auto regulation built in for somebody coming off SL or SS programs.

I suggest giving a look at IMO one of if not the best free prorgams written with long term progress in mind.

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Lol at those who disagree you have to eat to build muscle
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    In case more “nuance” is required:

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/584-2/
  • fitpal02020
    fitpal02020 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    "The Bridge" is one of the few templates that have auto regulation built in for somebody coming off SL or SS programs.

I suggest giving a look at IMO one of if not the best free prorgams written with long term progress in mind.

thanks, could you please share a link? will it really give me big biceps ?
  • fitpal02020
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Generally avoid modifying routines, but you can pick a new one. See the pinned post called "Most Helpful Posts" and look for the link "Which lifting program.."

so...im just supposed to stuck to one program for the rest of my life? thats bad advice.
  • fitpal02020
    Options

so...im just supposed to stuck to one program for the rest of my life? thats bad advice.
    I am only doing 3 workouts a week. Each workout contains only 3 exercises. Though I have definitely built strength, I now want to see some gains i.e muscles. Can I now go ahead and modify my routine? what's the next best program I can do after stronglifts if my goal is to gain muscle? [/

If you can’t add weight to the bar each session it’s time to move to intermediate programming. You know where to look on the forum for the thread.., pick a programme you like and follow it. I did phul but there are others depending on your goals and preferences.

no i dont. please share where to look for this on the forum. thanks
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options

Uh, no, you misunderstood the post.
  • fitpal02020
    Options

Uh, no, you misunderstood the post.

so then show me. clarify.