Back, but better

Options
tnpx3
tnpx3 Posts: 36 Member
Hey everyone!
I’ve been here on and off forever, but I’m back and this time I’m better and ready to make a change. I’m a 25 year old soon to be RN (I graduate in May!). I work in a busy level 1 trauma center ER and hope to be a nurse in the ER or ICU. Now about my journey... I technically started January 1st and I’ve lost 11 pounds since then with just some small changes here and there. I’ve basically been overweight for as long as I can remember. When I was younger it was only ever so slight, now I’m full blown morbidly obese. Throughout high school I bounced between 140-160, then gradually up to 200 once I started my first degree. Then I started nursing school at 215 pounds and over these two years between school, dealing with depression from my sister’s suicide, and all the other stresses of life I ballooned to 260 pounds, the heaviest I’ve ever been. My original degree was in Exercise Science, so I certainly know what I need to do to lose the weight, it’s just the doing it part. But no more. I’m fed up with myself and I don’t want to go from being the nurse to being on of the patients I take care of every day. I want to be a good example to my patients and to my future kids. So yeah, here I am. Joined a healthy wage challenge with a goal of losing 75 pounds this year and I bet $100/month on myself soooo it’ll hurt in more than one way if I lose. So here’s to losing the pounds and not my money!

Currently working on eating smaller portions, calories in calories out, eating meals at home and less junk food, more water and less sugary drinks/alcohol. Starting out at 1600 calories/day and today I started the Beach Body Morning Meltdown 100 to prove to myself I can work out every day for the next 100 days.

Here’s my stats/goals for those of you interest in numbers:
SW: 260.7
CW: 249.6
HWGW: 185.7
UGW: 135
Chest: 48.5”
Waist: 42”
Hips: 49”

Feel free to add me or message me to say hi! I love having friends to keep me accountable! Also really looking for an accountability buddy I could check in with maybe once or twice a week to share struggles and accomplishments with so let me know if that’s something anyone is interested in :)

Replies

• jwice78
    jwice78 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello , I am personal support worker I work with the elderly . I also been on and off from here but now I am here to really lose the pounds its not easy having a buddy to help motivate each other is important :) If your interested feel free to add me :)
  • breeves25
    breeves25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have been on and off on here for a long time... Actually in 2012 i lost 60 pounds, just by using myfitnesspal, counting calories and doing light workouts. Over the past few years the weight has climbed up higher than ever:( but i am also ready for a change and to get back to that healthy lifestyle. I started the first of January by making small changes... I got a little derailed for a couple weeks because we went on a cruise. I am in a weight loss competition at work through the end of March! So I have some goals to reach! i would love to have a motivation buddy as well :) If you are interested feel free to Add me!

SW:227.5
    CW:222.5
    GW:152.6