Appetite suppressant

Options
What’s the best OTC? Thanks.

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I've had some luck with this one particular protein shake - the stuff is called "Designer Protein" lite protein shake.
    A scoop is 60 calories and it has a nice distribution of vitamins as well as green coffee extract, garcinia cambogia and no really nasty additives. It makes a good snack. But, I also make sure I have a variety of food, including veggies and lean protein, and I drink plenty of water.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Ensuring that your deficit isn't too aggressive for the amount of weight you have to lose. We all have occasional days where we're extra hungry, but that shouldn't be the norm. Some hunger, close to meal times, is perfectly normal. You can try playing around with your macros to find the foods most satiating to you (for me, it's protein, followed by fat), add extra low cal vege for more volume and fibre, or if you're really struggling, try a smaller deficit.

6vckj4af080e.png

In addition to the above, I find moderate exercise to be a mild appetite suppressant.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    A glass of water helps sometimes as i sometimes feel hungry when really thirsty
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As others have already stated, drinks, vegetables, and low cal/high volume foods like popcorn can help. But for me, the most critical thing is to keep busy. If my mind isn't occupied with something else, I'm going to be all the more aware of my hunger. So I might take a bike ride, for example, and reward myself with a 200 cal snack when I'm done.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Caffeine suppresses my appetite for a bit. I drink black coffee in the morning and I usually don't get hungry until 9:30 or 10:00.

None of the OTC diet crap works, though (unless maybe they're using caffeine in it).

A good rule of thumb for diet supplements - If it works, it isn't legal. If it's legal, it doesn't work.
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've wondered about those products too but havent bought any. Im doing 16:8 fast and Im not hungry until I break my fast. Once I break my fast then actual hunger pangs happen. Before I've done so and when its near the start of my 'eating window' which is after 16 hours of not eating I can get a sense of 'I'd like to eat' which feels different to hunger. I've learned what is a hungry feeling and not. Fasting has helped me pay attention to my body in different ways, learning more about how it works. I've discovered that protein keeps hunger at bay. So I use protein shakes in my eating window & Im counting calories still by the way. I learned how sugar and carbs spikes my hunger and acts differently than protein does. I can only speak for myself here. In my fasting state coffee for sure helps with that 'I'd like to or I could eat' feeling. I take Apple Cider Vinegar with 'the mother' and that helps me as does lemon juice in water. I also drink matcha green tea. Fibre fills I know but carbs make me bloated and want sugary things and carbs dont fill me like protein does. Im a lacto ovo Vegetarian by the way. My protein shakes contain Inulin which is a dietary fibre and I think that is in part what fills me too or helps suppress hunger. Try OTC protein powder with Inulin fibre in it? I hope this answer helps someone. Thanks