Anyone out there who has suffered a calf injury?

Options
What is your story ? Did you workout like crazy before ?
What sort of "plan" or whatever did you do to get back into working out without further injury? D: Not including swimming lol.
Are you able to workout now like you did before ?

Replies

• im so pleased you have posted this!

i did the city to surf last month, and 5 weeks before hand i strained my right calf. i was running with a friend and did a longer run than i was used to.
    saw my osteo (i go regularly for my back) and asked her to check it out, she gave it an intense massage and told me to do slow intervals ( e.g. jog a minute walk a minte) and stretch lots!!

Three weeks after that (2 weeks before the race) i strained it again. im not entirely sure what i did but i hadnt been training hectically.

Ended up having to walk the city to surf, and have been rather lazy and havent trained since.

i would love to hear about other peoples recovery!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm so sorry to hear that =[ At least you still went to the race !
    I'm seriously going crazy not being able to run or jump rope or do the 30DS. I love swimming and all, but it's getting boring now that I don't have a variety. And I can't even get a proper workout in the pool because of my leg >.>
  • melholden10
    Options
    hey I strained my calf a few weeks ago currently marathon training and have my marathon in a month I'm really bad and running through the pain but i take ibuprofen at night to reduce inflammation make sure i strech well when i come back from running and do heel dips on the stairs to stregthen my calves its taken 3 weeks but am now pain free
    obviously i don't advise the running through it but i would advise physio heel dips and stretching hope you're back to training soon