Low-Carb / Gluten Free Pizza!!!

Options
CakepopPirate
CakepopPirate Posts: 51 Member
This is a 'step by step' guide with pictures on how to make cauliflower pizza crust. I have had so many compliments on this recipe that I wanted to share it with as many people as possible. I know there are several versions out there but I think the pictures help make it less intimidating to make. It is really very simple!

Don't worry, it doesn't taste like cauliflower... it tastes like gourmet pizza :tongue:

http://girlinoregon.blogspot.com/2011/08/gluten-free-pizza.html

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing! I have been gluten free for several years and I miss pizza, but I don't like the rice crust pizzas -- too heavy. I'm going to check this out for sure!

Lucy
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT recipe, and super easy to make. I came across it a few months ago and just made it on Saturday (photo below of my creation). My toppings were a red bell pepper and chicken breast.

One tip I took from a fellow MFP pal was to use parchment paper. It makes such a difference for the "crust" to not stick to the pan.

If you haven't done so, give this recipe a try!

hrzb49.jpg
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump!! never heard of this before, sounds strange but strange can be good so may try it out. Ta.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • CakepopPirate
    Options
    Wow! I will totally try the parchment paper! Thanks :happy:

And...I also didn't know you could get pictures pasted in these messages... so I'll have to work on that too!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RickyMamma
    RickyMamma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, looks good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bump, my other half has wheat allergys but LOVES pizza so i might have to give this a try!
  • RBClay
    RBClay Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    bump
  • CakepopPirate
    Options
    AZchatterB - thanks for the parchment / wax paper suggestion! It works REALLY well!
  • michbou
    michbou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i tried it and it's delicious. I used a "silpat" sheet , that way you don't need to use oil and it comes out crispy.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I may try this over the weekend. Not worried so much about the gluten, but carbs are my mortal enemy if I'm trying to lose weight! :)