How the heck?!

Options
I have been following this everyday for an entire month now (1200 cal/day, exercise 1 hour/6 days) and have lost NOTHING. THEN, last night I ate a double double, fries and a chocolate shake from In N Out, and drank 3 blueberry stoli and sprites and lost 2.5 pounds overnight!! (And I didn't throw up or anything from the drinks) Can someone explain this beautiful phenomenon?

Replies

• happyhubbard
    Options
    I have been following this everyday for an entire month now (1200 cal/day, exercise 1 hour/6 days) and have lost NOTHING. THEN, last night I ate a double double, fries and a chocolate shake from In N Out, and drank 3 blueberry stoli and sprites and lost 2.5 pounds overnight!! (And I didn't throw up or anything from the drinks) Can someone explain this beautiful phenomenon?
  • mom24qties
    Options
    :sad: :sad: I am so jealous!! I love In'n'Out burgers, but we moved to Colorado a few years ago and we don't have any here!!! But that is interesting!! I can't imagine losing 2.5 lbs after "cheating"1
  • agapita1965
    Options
    Perhaps your body is begging for more calories.
  • Eazy43055
    Options
    You likely have been gaining muscle from working out which is why the scale is lying to you about weight. Your waist is what you need to measure, likely some atp fat was stored in place of muscle which is why you lost the weight... Alcohol has tons of non use calories that stores as fat and take away muscle you have been building which weighs almost 5x more then fat!
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually lose weight the night after drinking. Occasionally it stays off too.. I'm starting to wonder why I don't drink more often now.. haha.. I have read that weight loss after a night of drinking comes from the dehydration caused by alcohol. I don't know if that would account for the entire 2.5lbs though.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    No doubt from all the extra calories and fat you just put into your body, your body is working overtime trying to flush out. Weigh yourself tomorrow and see if you kept that 2.5lbs off. If you were to weigh yourself everyday, I can gaurentee you that you will get a different # at almost every weigh in. Our bodies can fluctuate 2lbs + or - everyday. Fingers crossed you keep that weight off.....But I would go back to what you are doing, consume your 1200 cal plus your exercise cals and do your workouts. I do the same cal intake as you and exericse 45 min 6 days a week and have lost 12 lbs 4 weeks, plus a **** load of inches!!! Do your measurements, you'd be surprised at how much you are losing!!!

Keep going at it!:smile:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating your exercise calories? You said you eat 1200 cal and then exercise 1 hour a day...you should be eating the calories you earn.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    No doubt from all the extra calories and fat you just put into your body, your body is working overtime trying to flush out. Weigh yourself tomorrow and see if you kept that 2.5lbs off. If you were to weigh yourself everyday, I can gaurentee you that you will get a different # at almost every weigh in. Our bodies can fluctuate 2lbs + or - everyday. Fingers crossed you keep that weight off.....But I would go back to what you are doing, consume your 1200 cal plus your exercise cals and do your workouts. I do the same cal intake as you and exericse 45 min 6 days a week and have lost 12 lbs 4 weeks, plus a **** load of inches!!! Do your measurements, you'd be surprised at how much you are losing!!!

I do weigh myself everyday (am and pm) and the scale has not changed at all the whole month. It is 132.5 EVERYTIME I weigh myself (on 2 different scales), which I find very odd. But this morning I was at 130 for the first time in 30 days. I will continue to check and see what happens....soooo weird though! Congrats on your success so far though...I'm a little jealous!:tongue:
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating your exercise calories? You said you eat 1200 cal and then exercise 1 hour a day...you should be eating the calories you earn.

I should have been more specific- I do eat my exercise calories everyday. So what I should have said, was that I have been consuming the calories that MFP tells me to consume every day. Sorry for the confusion:wink:
  • chippiepig
    Options
    1. I really miss In-N-Out Burgers. In fact I'm planning a west coast burger run this spring! Too bad I can only have a single.
    2. Watch the alcohol especially if you're on a reduced carbohydrate diet. It stresses your liver and alcohol calories are useless (except for the non-dietary aspects :-).
    3. Just keep plugging. You know how many calories you are putting in and you know your body is burning more than that. Yes your body does wierd stuff you don't know about, like exercise may shift weight from fluffy fat to heavy muscle, or it may hold onto extra water for awhile (cross-check your sodium numbers), or who knows what, but intellectually you have to know your weight will drop.
    Keep plugging.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    :sad: :sad: I am so jealous!! I love In'n'Out burgers, but we moved to Colorado a few years ago and we don't have any here!!! But that is interesting!! I can't imagine losing 2.5 lbs after "cheating"1

I am so sorry:cry: - that is quite the travesty! Lets have a moment of silence for your loss....................:laugh:
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    1. I really miss In-N-Out Burgers. In fact I'm planning a west coast burger run this spring! Too bad I can only have a single.
    2. Watch the alcohol especially if you're on a reduced carbohydrate diet. It stresses your liver and alcohol calories are useless (except for the non-dietary aspects :-).
    3. Just keep plugging. You know how many calories you are putting in and you know your body is burning more than that. Yes your body does wierd stuff you don't know about, like exercise may shift weight from fluffy fat to heavy muscle, or it may hold onto extra water for awhile (cross-check your sodium numbers), or who knows what, but intellectually you have to know your weight will drop.
    Keep plugging.

I will do my best- thanks! I woke up expecting to be so mad at myself, and then I stepped on and almost fainted, did a little jig, and told myself repeatedly, "No, this probably doesn't mean that going on an In N Out diet is the answer!"
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    have you ever heard of calorie cycling. It kinda sounds like that. You see your body gets used to the idea that your going to eat 1200 and learns to live off of just that, but then the curve ball and the body freaks and goes on over drive. but yeah... this is how some people get out af a platue. congrats. check it out calorie cycling.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    have you ever heard of calorie cycling. It kinda sounds like that. You see your body gets used to the idea that your going to eat 1200 and learns to live off of just that, but then the curve ball and the body freaks and goes on over drive. but yeah... this is how some people get out af a platue. congrats. check it out calorie cycling.

My husband told me the same thing- I think I will have to look into it! Thanks:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options

I do weigh myself everyday (am and pm) and the scale has not changed at all the whole month. It is 132.5 EVERYTIME I weigh myself (on 2 different scales), which I find very odd. But this morning I was at 130 for the first time in 30 days. I will continue to check and see what happens....soooo weird though! Congrats on your success so far though...I'm a little jealous!:tongue:

Stop weighing yourself. Go 2 weeks and then weigh yourself again. I had to do that. I was weighing myself everytime I was near my scale and my weight would fluctuate throughout the day, and yes, when they scale said I was up a pound or 2 it motivated the hell out of me, but it also discouraged me. SO I put the scale away and now weight every week or so, and it feels way better to see a change in the numbers. And don't be jealous. I had a baby 6 months ago, so this is the left over baby weight. The first 30lbs came off now problem, it's the last 30 or so that suck!!!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1200 calories is a little low, try upping to to 1300 everyday and keep up your great work with the hour 6 times a week. maybe your body needs more, I would not advise hamburgers and drinks everyday though, but a slight increase in daily calories may be what your body needs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!