Calories burnt problem, pls help troubleshoot

Options
Hi all!

my friends and I use the Polar Heartrate monitor. we all have calories burnt as one of the functions in this watch.
At the end of our workouts, we all compare max heart rates, and calories burnt. mine always registers almost double what the others have. All my settings are correct. I triple checked it. for the record, im the only guy....if this makes any difference.
I know guys burn more, but DOUBLE? that seems a bit too much to accept. not that i'm complaining lol, I just want it to be accurate. thanks!

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Maybe your friends are not set up correctly!

Also its going to vary depending on your level of fitness, height, weight, strength of heart, age etc........

Maybe you clean your chest starp better then your friends. If it is not cleaned really well it will not be an accurate reading.....It will come in much lower. I know this from personal experience!
  • skywalk
    Options
    Maybe your friends are not set up correctly!

Also its going to vary depending on your level of fitness, height, weight, strength of heart, age etc........

Maybe you clean your chest starp better then your friends. If it is not cleaned really well it will not be an accurate reading.....It will come in much lower. I know this from personal experience!

thanks for the reply. All of our HR monitors are relatively new and all clean. our settings are all correct. (there are 3 of us, but the other 2 are girls.) I read somewhere that men burn more...but DOUBLE what they both burn? seems too good to be true.

anyway, both of them are burning roughly the same no. of Calories. it's just mine that's way out there