Back to mfp and looking for friends to help me stay motivated and give me tips and tricks.

Options
I'm 32 and live in northern England. Ive gradually been gaining weight for the last few years and after a knee injury last year found it skyrocketed. I have a very lazy job and a busy life but I'm making a massive effort to sort myself out. I want to have friends on here to keep my accountable and give me advice.

Replies

• gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    With bad knees the extra weight makes it hard to exercise. I'm just now getting to the point where going for long walks or hitting the gym doesn't hurt. If exercise is causing knee pain, focus on your diet and try it again after 10-20 pounds lighter.
  • clmartinswood
    clmartinswood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks GT. Physio has said I'm good to use my knees now, but they do ache a lot....even if they do I don't think it's doing them harm( feels like it). Appreciate the advice , knees are extremely important!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me ..... I just restarted my journey on Jan. 1st was doing great and now I am sidelined with more damage to my foot just by walking my dogs (I fractured it in 2 places last year).... But I would love to be a cheerleader to you while you are on your journey :)
  • Krissi72
    Krissi72 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I've done the same after each baby and after reaching each goal. I want to continue staying on this journey but I find when I don't have fellow "journiers" alongside me it's so much easier to fail. Would anyone like to join me? I'm 35 years old with 3 kiddos ages 15,11, and 6, and a husband that eats all the junk food he sees and doesn't gain an ounce. :( Very hard living with that as much as I love him. Anyway, if you're interested in doing this together I am very excited about being an encouragement to you and spurring you on to our mutual goal of being healthy and committed! :) I NEED SOME FRIENDS!!!
  • clmartinswood
    clmartinswood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat!!!