Blood Pressure

Options
Hello,

Anyone here as part of their daily health check their BP at home?

I do as per my doctor’s request. I also take medication to help control my blood pressure. I take it at home and check it daily.

Chris

Replies

• Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do. I was on BP meds (low dose) at the beginning of this. After I'd lost about 20-25 lbs including months of daily walking, I was able to get off the meds when I went to my yearly physical. It was interesting to also see how much of a correlation I could see day-to-day with when I had gotten good walking in that day my bp would be a few points lower. I continue to check daily because I need to check if my BP will go back up (family history and my own medical history contribute to this being a big possibility even at a low weight) - I'm grateful it is managed without meds for now though!
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I check it regularly. At first I'd do it daily, now I do it a few times a week. I'm also on high BP meds, but I've been able to reduce my daily dosage since I started losing weight and exercising. I'm hoping that at some point I can get off the meds completely. :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I took mine twice a day for 4 months while doctor was working out dosage. Then it dropped to a couple of times a week. Now that I am off the med I try to remember to take it once a week but the less regularly I need to take it the more likely I am to forget it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Dr. Advised me to take mine 1x week, not on meds, family history. I forget more often than I remember. Still no problems.
    I’m 70.