30 DAY SHED/SHRED?

Options
Um...sounds a silly question but what is this 30 day thingy?
:blushing: i am new!!

Replies

• mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Its a dvd workout you know the woman trainer from the biggest looser she does it, and its supposed to be fantastic, iv just orderd it from amazon for £6.

Supposed to be realy hard but work realy well.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    And it's Shred, by the way :-D it's great!
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not silly :)

Do you watch Biggest Loser? Jillian Michaels is one of the trainers from there, she has her own show too and a few exercise DVDs. 30 day shred is one of them. You're supposed to do one 20 min workout a day, level 1, 2 or 3 depending on your fitness level. I'm on level 1 still and it's killing me lol.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    It's an amazing video. If you look at my profile pics it shows my results from when I did it :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The best workout ever! It's a DVD called '30 Day Shred' with trainer Jillian Michaels. It's circuit training (so lots of crunches, squats, jumping jacks and push-ups), only lasts 25 minutes, needs very little space or co-ordination to do and makes you work up an unbelievable sweat! You're supposed to do it every day for 30 days but I'm just trying to squeeze it in three times a week. It's dead cheap on Amazon and you really do see effects quickly - much quicker than the gym, I find.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 12. Have only lost a couple of pounds but can really SEE the difference! I'm happy with it and not even half way thru. There are also different levels after you complete the first 30 days.
  • Nickwa76
    Nickwa76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not silly :)

Do you watch Biggest Loser? Jillian Michaels is one of the trainers from there, she has her own show too and a few exercise DVDs. 30 day shred is one of them. You're supposed to do one 20 min workout a day, level 1, 2 or 3 depending on your fitness level. I'm on level 1 still and it's killing me lol.

OK lol thanks guys! Hmmm must admit, never watched the Biggest Loser,think was a little "close to home" for comfort....

I check it out on Amazon :happy:

thanks xxx
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    it is the BEST workout ever! i got in shape doing that workout exclusively. it is a hard core workout, but only 20 minutes (more like 28 with warmup and cooldown). i sing its praises to anyone who will listen, it changed my life. Good luck!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    The best workout ever! It's a DVD called '30 Day Shred' with trainer Jillian Michaels. It's circuit training (so lots of crunches, squats, jumping jacks and push-ups), only lasts 25 minutes, needs very little space or co-ordination to do and makes you work up an unbelievable sweat! You're supposed to do it every day for 30 days but I'm just trying to squeeze it in three times a week. It's dead cheap on Amazon and you really do see effects quickly - much quicker than the gym, I find.

^
    yep what she said. It's a great work out, a real timesaver too. I have been doing it but had to take a break....doing it everyday was too hard on my muscle! Sore calves!!
  • allmanro
    allmanro Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    DO IT!! Best money I have ever spend, It took 20lbs off my *kitten*!!! LOL Have Fun!
  • Nickwa76
    Options
    it is the BEST workout ever! i got in shape doing that workout exclusively. it is a hard core workout, but only 20 minutes (more like 28 with warmup and cooldown). i sing its praises to anyone who will listen, it changed my life. Good luck!!

But is it suitable for someone with a practically non existent fitness level?
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options

sure, you can do it at your own pace, as much as you can. she has one girl that always does a modified version of each exercise and one girl that does an advanced version. Just do what ever you can to start and you will build endurance and be able to do more and more. They say to do each level every day for 10 days and then move on to the next, but i always did it at my own pace moving on when i felt ready and taking rest days when i felt i needed them. but even when i would have rather done anything else in the world, i always did it... the only workouts you regret are the ones you don't do. you can do it!!
    <3
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    ok, dumb question. I bout the DVD at Best Buy $9.99. I see there's level one, 2 and 3. I have one workout for level 1, one workout for level 2, one workout for level 3. So you just do the same workout over and over at each level?
  • Nickwa76
    Options

sure, you can do it at your own pace, as much as you can. she has one girl that always does a modified version of each exercise and one girl that does an advanced version. Just do what ever you can to start and you will build endurance and be able to do more and more. They say to do each level every day for 10 days and then move on to the next, but i always did it at my own pace moving on when i felt ready and taking rest days when i felt i needed them. but even when i would have rather done anything else in the world, i always did it... the only workouts you regret are the ones you don't do. you can do it!!
    <3

thanks aimeelee :) iwill but it next week and have a go, they do say that if you don't try you'll never suceed,so happy to have a go!
    x
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    definitely worth the £6 on Play.com or amazon...I've seen the biggest change in my body shape doing it. It's a killer to start with but once you get through the initial stage it gets easier. Worth taking all measurements before you start. Good luck if you decide to go for it. :smile: