Meal Prepping with Avocado

Options
I find myself always wanting to use avocado in my meals when meal prepping. How do I do this without the avocado going bad as the week goes on?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When I want to batch prepare foods with avocado I will either just cut the avocado right before eating the individual meal or use those little mini cups of guacamole (about 120 calories each).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    12estump wrote: »
    I find myself always wanting to use avocado in my meals when meal prepping. How do I do this without the avocado going bad as the week goes on?

You don't...that's something you add day of.
  • TiffanyMiffany
    TiffanyMiffany Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add a little lemon or lime juice to the avocado and wrap it tightly with wrap, and place in air tight container. I do this to store half an avocado from lunch to dinner or dinner to the next day. Can also blend the avocado with yogurt or sour cream and lime juice, and store again with a wrap over the top and in air tight container and the sauce will last 2-3 days without too much browning by the 3rd day. Otherwise I prefer to just add them the day they’re being eaten; I buy them pretty unripe and store in the fridge for later in the week.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    How much do you use per meal? I usually purchase avocados in varying levels of ripeness so they are the right ripeness for when I use them. I don't mind if they get a bit brown overnight, though. Tastes the same.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    If combined with a little acid (lemon or lime juice is nice, neutral vinegar - like white wine vinegar - works), smashed avocado freezes pretty well, too. Haven't tried freezing slices.