hi

Options
hi just started on here yesterday. just getting a chance to write something as i have a 6 month old son so he is a handfull.i am hoping to lose 5stone :\ im currently 15 stone 4lbs. with those with kids how do u find the time to make urself something to eat and healthy at the same time?

Replies

• Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello, You're son is at a good age where he can try the foods you are eating - well, little bits. Introduce healthy eating to him and you'll be fine!

Stuff like pushing the pram/buggy, speed walk, you'll burn up more doing that.
    Also try laying down and holding him above you and push him up and down, this can help you with your arms AND he'll LOVE it :)
    Mine are too old to do this now (7yrs and 4yrs).

Look online for exercises with a baby/toddler, there are loads out there.

Good luck.
    I'm 16st 7 and need to loose about 77lbs
  • lyns20
    Options
    aw will try that hes a 20lb baby so mite struggle lifting him up above me haha. if i continued the way i was eating i would of been about 18stone by christmas so i need to get it sorted. when u hoping to lose it by?x
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    aw will try that hes a 20lb baby so mite struggle lifting him up above me haha. if i continued the way i was eating i would of been about 18stone by christmas so i need to get it sorted. when u hoping to lose it by?x

Well I'm a maid of honour for my sisters wedding in August 2012 so I would like to loose it by then lol, perhaps a bit too far fetched though lol, but as long as I loose a few stone then I'm fine.

You can also try holding him while standing up and do squats or hold him infront of you and then keep your hips straight and twist left and right (move him to your left and then to your right) 20lbs though might hurt lol so take it easy.
    Basically, look at all exercises that require a dumbbell and just use your son instead.
    Power walking with the buggy is really good though :)

AND depending on your area (if you're in the UK), different areas have different schemes with the gym.
    For example, I'm in West Yorkshire and if you're overweight you can join a scheme through your doctor to use the gym for £11 per month instead of £40.
    In Buckinghamshire all you need is Child Benefit and you can get a greatly reduced gym membership. Ask your local gym/leisure centres.
    Some gyms have creche's too that you can use :D
  • lyns20
    Options
    aw thanks will try that. will have a look online. yeah im in uk i live in aberdeen. i just checked my weight even though im not ment to check it until sunday and i have lost 2lbs. yaaay :) feel a bit more motivated now. x
  • MrsHott25
    Options
    Hi!! I just started on this website a few days ago but my weight loss began with the birth of my firstborn son almost 3 months ago! I have found that JOURNALING your food/exercise by itself is a big help! Also might I recommend www.hungry-girl.com! QUICK easy recipes for LOW calories! I've found so much easy yummy guilt-free foods from her cookbook!
  • lyns20
    Options
    Hi!! I just started on this website a few days ago but my weight loss began with the birth of my firstborn son almost 3 months ago! I have found that JOURNALING your food/exercise by itself is a big help! Also might I recommend www.hungry-girl.com! QUICK easy recipes for LOW calories! I've found so much easy yummy guilt-free foods from her cookbook!

will try that out thanks :)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your journey!!!!