Should I change this?

Options
I've been using the 'sedentary' lifestyle, because I've been out of College and all Summer I've just lazed around.
I start College again this upcoming Monday, I haven't had my schedule yet, but I expect to be in 3-4 days a week. And a lot of it involved walking around to two different campus' that are far away from each other, walking to get to College, ect. So the only time I'll sit down is in class.

Even the days that I'm not in College I'll be out with friends a lot more considering I'd have to go study with them and stuff, so there's more walking.

Should I change my lifestyle to 'lightly active'?

Replies

• Wightvixen
    Options
    I'd say yes.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I've been using the 'sedentary' lifestyle, because I've been out of College and all Summer I've just lazed around.
    I start College again this upcoming Monday, I haven't had my schedule yet, but I expect to be in 3-4 days a week. And a lot of it involved walking around to two different campus' that are far away from each other, walking to get to College, ect. So the only time I'll sit down is in class.

Even the days that I'm not in College I'll be out with friends a lot more considering I'd have to go study with them and stuff, so there's more walking.

Should I change my lifestyle to 'lightly active'?

i wouldn't. i feel that you'll still probably be mostly sednetary. i wouldn't change it until your second week of school at least, so you figure out how your lifestyle will change. besides, you don't want to regain the freshman 15.
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Consider keeping it the same but logging your walking at the end of each day. . .
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    You betcha. That is a lot of walking, one of the best exercises you can do.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yup. You got it, sister. Smart move.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I might see how my first week goes.
    I know last time I was in 4 days a week and after College I was soooo tired at the end of the day!
  • engineman312
    Options
    I know last time I was in 4 days a week and after College I was soooo tired at the end of the day!

-_-

college: the easiest time of your life.
  • lausa22
    Options

-_-

College: The time you have to study your butt off because I want to be a nurse and get good grades, apply to University in a few weeks, travel 8 miles to actually get there and try to maintain a social life.
    American College looks all fun and games, with sororities and such, too bad English College doesn't have that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, sounds like you should change it, IMO
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

-_-

College: The time you have to study your butt off because I want to be a nurse and get good grades, apply to University in a few weeks, travel 8 miles to actually get there and try to maintain a social life.
    American College looks all fun and games, with sororities and such, too bad English College doesn't have that.

That's not what it's like. Movies are not an even remotely accurate description. Plus, only something like .01% of students participate in Greek social culture on campus. Also, sororities and fraternities are exclusionary, barbaric and archaic anyway. College is mostly the same no matter where you go in the first-world, I'm willing to bet.

But, yeah, dude giving you bad advice and telling you college is easy is way off-base.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

-_-

American College is only like that if you're an idiot. I worked my butt off every single day for 4 years, and worked to pay for what my scholarships didn't pay for myself.

*Oh, and I went to Indiana University Bloomington, a major party school.
  • lausa22
    Options
    I've just found out I'm in College monday 9-5 with 3 hours break. Tuesday 9-3:30 with 1 1/2 hours break. And Wednesday 1-5 with no breaks.
    I think I'll stay sedentary, mostly because my breaks aren't as long as I thought they would be, so I'll probably be travelling less between campus' because I don't have the time :-(
    Usually I'd travel to the other campus every break to use the computer and library.

But good news! The new campus has a gym in it, that students use for free :-D
  • engineman312
    Options
    college is easy. your studying nursing?? great. my wife is a nurse practitioner. it's hard work environment. good luck to you, but i think college is easy.

and btw, i have an engineering degree, and in the middle of my masters.