Apartment workouts - best mates to reduce noise?

Options
I live in an apartment building an working out at home in my living room. I lift weights and also do cardio from videos. I find that I'm constantly concerned about the noise I'm making during cardio sessions - jumping, moving around constantly, etc. What's a good workout mat that can reduce or stop the noise so my downstairs neighbors don't get bothered? The mat should be able to be stored afterwards so must be a portable solution. Thanks!

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs in your building? You could walk/run up and down them for cardio. If you get bored of that stop every so often and do like 25 or 50 squats or push ups. You could also jump squat up stairs.

Exercises like mountain climbers or plank jacks. You could also work on being lighter on your feet.

Have you spoke to your downstairs neighbour, maybe ask them if they can hear you?
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You could also look for non-jumping exercises (flat friendly routines), Blogilates does a few (youtube, and own site) so there's no doubt other trainers have been asked to do vids on this. Trust me, they're just as hard as any jumping about vids.