Quilting!

Options
Does anyone like to quilt? I sew and quilt for a living now and I love it. Got any ideas for getting a little more movement going in the day? I am also a student (correspondents courses). Needless to say, I sit a lot. Plus I just love talking about quilting! :) Have a blessed day!

Amber

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am going to marry the woman who hand knits (with love) me a sweater. :-)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep, quilter here. A self taught one at that. Not very good but I do love it.
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    I would like to get more into quilting. I made a baby blanket for my son in 2009 that I need to unstitch and re-sew because it looks like crap. I also made a quilt last year that looks a little better but still crappy. My problem is that I am so freaking impatient and I get the sewing machine going too fast and it does not end well. And I can't cut straight to save my life, dangit.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to learn how to quilt.
    I crochet, knit (hence my name--I am Yarn Crazy) & do various other crafts.
    I Love having my own business. =)
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Does anyone like to quilt? I sew and quilt for a living now and I love it. Got any ideas for getting a little more movement going in the day? I am also a student (correspondents courses). Needless to say, I sit a lot. Plus I just love talking about quilting! :) Have a blessed day!

Amber
    Yes, yes. Me, me! I love quilts and quilting - back in the day...I taught quilting (well really piecing) and had a ball doing it. I'm starting a new quilt during the long weekend. I'll use a tube procedure to stagger the rows & that's new to me so can't wait to see how it works. // What are you studying? As a professional quilter, what do you do?
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would like to get more into quilting. I made a baby blanket for my son in 2009 that I need to unstitch and re-sew because it looks like crap. I also made a quilt last year that looks a little better but still crappy. My problem is that I am so freaking impatient and I get the sewing machine going too fast and it does not end well. And I can't cut straight to save my life, dangit.
    Oh please don't undo your first quilt. It's a story all by itself and you'll treasure it always. Slow down a bit and you'll do fine - and if you get into a jam - like joining seams flawlessly (or darn near) - let me know and & try to help you through it.
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    Yep, quilter here. A self taught one at that. Not very good but I do love it.

I had a little help learning, but mostly trial and error! :)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    I am going to marry the woman who hand knits (with love) me a sweater. :-)

I don't knit! I quilt :) AND I AM MARRIED! Sorry. LOL!
  • amberdaniels
    Options

Oh honey, don't ever re-sew it! It is a creation all it's own. and your son does not care what it looks like. I am sure he just loves it. As for being impatient, you have to love it to really get into it. It relaxes me. It is my element. It is what I do. Let it seep into your heart and become a part of you. Trust me it is soooo worth it.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I thought the topic was Charlie Sheen's new catchphrase.

Disappointed.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Oh yes....many many trials and errors on my part. But I still love it.
  • metsm
    metsm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I sew and quilt! Taught by my Mama and Grandma when I was young. Still work full-time but I am devoting as much time as possible to my machines! It has always been my dream to have my own business! Maybe one day, sigh!