Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Food

Options
tynreyz0kz64.jpeg
Hi there!
What do you think about this plate? Is hight protein?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    What kind of meat is that and how many grams is it? What do you consider high protein?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    How many grams of chicken is that?

It doesn't appear to be high protein to me, but my daily goal is pretty high - 180 grams.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    How mang grams chicken? Green beans? The oil i see shining on top?
    What are your personal goals?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,148 Member
    Options
    So...log it in your Food diary and your question will be answered. We can't really answer that question.

Did you weight that meat and those beans? Did you measure out the oil, or how is it cooked? Log all that.
  • giuliatrombetta
    giuliatrombetta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is a chicken breast and it is about 160 gr

• giuliatrombetta
    Options

It doesn't appear to be high protein to me, but my daily goal is pretty high - 180 grams.

Are about 170 gr of chicken
  • giuliatrombetta
    Options
    It is about 160-170 gr of chicken and 200 gr of green beans. Oil is only one spoon and a bit al salt

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options

Are about 170 gr of chicken

If it is 170 grams of chicken (assuming it's chicken breast) cooked, it's around 50g of protein. How "high" that it depends on what your daily goal is.
  • giuliatrombetta
    Options
    Thank you! I've decided to use this app because I can check and control my daily food. I want to put some muscle and keep my actually weight
    I had a "NO" past Tim's and I lost a lot of weight and seacovered several foos allergies :'(
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've decided to use this app because I can check and control my daily food. I want to put some muscle and keep my actually weight
    I had a "NO" past Tim's and I lost a lot of weight and seacovered several foos allergies :'(

What is a NO,past Tim's???

I am assuming it is a typo but I can't guess what for and also that rest of sentence says she uncovered several food allergies??

If you want to maintain your current weight, you do that by same method as losing weight ie correctly enter your stats and your activity level and set MFP to 'maintain current weight' and eat that many calories plus excercise calories.
    You can see the amount of macros in your food as you log them.
    Or pre log if you want to see in advance and then adjust. ( eg change meal to more meat, less beans )
  • giuliatrombetta
    Options
    Sorry for taping mistakes :( yes I had a horrible time where I lost weight and now I try to build up again my body and my spirit!
    Thanks for your advice :)
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Ok one of the best things you can do for yourself is buy a digital food scale. Then measure everything solid or semisolid in grams and carefully measure the volumes of your liquids. This way you can input things accurately and thus know how close to your goals you are.
    Good luck and keep learning
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It is about 160-170 gr of chicken and 200 gr of green beans. Oil is only one spoon and a bit al salt

I have had chicken breasts that have been in the 250-300 g range.The best thing you can do is get yourself a kitchen scale, a good set of measuring spoons, and a good liquid measuring cup (the sets are all dry only). All can be purchased for a reasonable price at stores like Walmart and Amazon.
    • Weigh all solids and semi solids (like peanut butter or mayo).
    • Liquids can be measured but use liquid measuring cups, not dry.
    • Weigh things like pasta and rice when dry and use a dry weight entry
    • Weigh meat raw and use a raw weight entry.
    • Weigh stuff like meat with bones or fruit with inedible peels, eat, weigh the inedible part and subtract from the original weight.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Sorry for taping mistakes :( yes I had a horrible time where I lost weight and now I try to build up again my body and my spirit!
    Thanks for your advice :)

no need to apologise, I just didnt understand what you meant and wanted you to clarify. <3